About the Job
Please note that this is a one year contract position.
Skills: GMP/FDA lab technician experience, lab technician experience, Bachelor's Degree in Animal Biology
Perform the daily operations of the Antibody Production Department in accordance with cGMP, USDA, FDA, and AAALAC guidelines. Personnel must have strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, communication and problem solving abilities, a working knowledge of blood handling processes and procedures, pays close attention to detail, and articulate record keeping capabilities.
- Responsible for daily execution of antibody production protocols/procedures as they relate to animal use (i.e. Immunizations, phlebotomy, plasmapheresis, antibody harvest, processing).
- Use and maintenance of centrifuges, microscopes, autoclave, CO2 incubators and other pertinent equipment used in the production of polyclonal/monoclonal antibodies.
- Knowledge and application of cGMP/USDA/FDA regulations and documentation.
- Documentation of all work completed in accordance with client’s SOP’s, BRT’s, FRM’s, etc. and maintained and filed as per client’s Document Retention Policies.
- Perform general housekeeping, equipment cleaning, animal care and health intervention.
- Performs in-process review of quality documents, witness formulations, calculations, etc. Assuring that all associated paperwork is completed.
- Support all client’s Antibody Production needs daily including husbandry, rack changes, daily observations, enrichment needs, feed and water requirements, room and equipment disinfection.
- Provide expert level veterinary technical care and proficiency using all laboratory equipment. Participate in site inspections as appropriate.
- Proficient in the handling and restraint of all relevant species, and performing phlebotomy, IV catheterization, and all appropriate routes of drug administration (IV, IP, IC, SQ, IM).
- Data transcription, collection, and record management, and proficient use of Microsoft’s Office.
Education and/or Experience
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Animal Science or Biology with 5 years Veterinary Technical experience, or 10 years experience in small animal Veterinary Technical / Surgical skills.
ALAT, LAT, & LATg certifications preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to work independently and under minimal guidance, a familiarity with USDA and AAALAC regulations and have good interpersonal skills, effective oral and written communication skills, and should be proficient using MS Word, Excel, Project, and Outlook.
For consideration, please reference job number 1492.