About the Job
Please note that this is a 4 months remote contract position.
POSITION LOCATION - Nashville, TN (Remote)
Experience in Coax/Ethernet/Fiber Jumpers
Ability to Bundle and Lace hundreds of cables.
Under light supervision will rack electronic equipment in cabinets. Responsible for (but not limited to) the installation and cabling of multiple Headend/Hub network devices. Able to organize, terminate, test and label coaxial and Ethernet cabling as needed. Must be able to read Hub Design and rack elevations.
Must possess the ability to self-manage. Must be able to mentor and direct others. The position will also perform unskilled tasks, handling materials and equipment, loading, unloading and other tasks as needed to complete a project.
MAJOR DUTIES TO BE PERFORMED:
• Rack headend equipment
• Install associated coaxial and Ethernet cables
• Connectorize coaxial and Ethernet cables
• Test coaxial and Ethernet cables
• Clean, test and install fiber jumpers
• Label coaxial, Ethernet cables and fiber jumpers
• Read and understand hub design and rack elevations
• Can self-manage time
• Can mentor and direct others
• Extensive Travel Required
• Maintain and submit all documentation (expense reports, timesheets, etc.) in a timely manner
Coax, Ethernet and Fiber handling experience
Good computer skills
Good communications skills
Troubleshooting/problem solving skills
Understanding of Hub design and rack elevations
Clean Background and DMV record
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Valid Drivers License
• Able to lift 50 lbs.
• Good driving record
• Must provide own required tools
• Organized, self-motivated, ability to problem solve
• Attention to details
• Able to travel extensively
For consideration, please reference job number 1517.