About the Job
Please note that this is a full time, permanent position.
- 2 openings on 1st shift
- 2 openings on 2nd shift (start times after 4PM)
- 4 openings on 3rd shift (start times after 11 PM)
Candidates MUST have Microbiology experience, preferably in a clinical laboratory environment.
Candidates with 2+ years' experience working in a clinical lab environment.
- Recent experience in a clinical Microbiology laboratory preferred
- Perform all routine procedures in bacteriology
- Duties include isolation, identification and susceptibility testing of organisms from wounds, blood cultures, sterile body fluids, respiratory, stool and urine sources
- Read and interpret gram stains
- Use of automated instruments such as Vitek, Micro scan, BactAlert, MALDI-TOF
- Understand quality control and quality assurance
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology, Microbiology, or a life science; ASCP Certification or ASCP eligible preferred.
For consideration, please include job # 297.