ENTRY LEVEL ACCOUNT DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE (Danbury, CT)
Amphenol RF is a global leader which designs, manufacturers and markets interconnect solutions worldwide. Our complete range of interconnect solutions are used in the Automotive, Broadband, Wireless LAN/RFID, Wireless Infrastructure, Military, Aerospace, and Instrumentation markets. Our solutions range from connectors to cable assemblies to passive RF components, such as attenuators and RF switches. These products transform our ways of interconnecting in a global economy. Whether you are talking about creating IED detection systems to eliminate road side bombs, developing better medical imaging systems for earlier detection, or improving in-vehicle security, communications and diagnostic systems; Amphenol is taking the lead and making a difference. Amphenol RF is headquartered in Danbury, CT and is a division of Amphenol Corporation (NYSE ticker: APH) a leader in the industry for more than 50 years.
Account Development Representatives are responsible for identifying, contacting and cultivating relationships with potential customers in a designated territory. You will generate leads within territory and make initial contact to determine needs and viability of prospective customer. You will then foster the initial relationship before transitioning to the District Sales Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives sales growth through acquisition of new customers
- Responsible for rebuilding of underpenetrated and neglected relationships.
- Identifies and targets emerging areas for high growth, profit, and differentiation.
- Lead generation and follow up/development
- Drives and creates opportunities within designated territory through a thorough understanding of Amphenol RF’s product offerings and customer needs
- Grows profits and maximizes margins within designated territory
- Negotiates skillfully in tough situations with customers and is able to win concessions while maintaining good customer relationships.
- Builds and maintains influential customer and supplier business relationships by identifying current and future industry and competitor’s products, trends, technology and information.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Distribution, Supply Chain, or Industrial Engineering, with a minimum of 1 – 2 years sales experience or an Associate’s degree with a minimum of 3 years sales experience. Excellent written and verbal communication/interpersonal skills are a must. Time management, organization, and customer service skills are essential for this role. Must be able to prioritize, multitask, and deal with pressure. Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Must have the ability to sell, persuade, influence and negotiate as well as a demonstrated ability to build relationships at all levels, with customers and suppliers. Proven ability to originate new business and convert a lead into a qualified prospect.
Amphenol RF is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity