The primary purpose of this position is to lead the AR function and supervise a team of Accounts Receivable and Collection specialists. The position will be responsible for administrating and overseeing MNJ’s credit policies and procedures, timely collection of outstanding past due invoices, timely release of customer orders, and timely decision making related to customer orders and resolution of all issues.
- Oversee daily operations for credit, collections and cash applications, and ensure all procedures are being followed.
- Supervise, train and evaluate Accounts Receivable staff.
- Serve as a backup in all accounts receivable tasks, as needed.
- Determine appropriate staffing needs and assist with hiring to these needs.
- Review daily cash applications and ensure all cash receipts are applied correctly.
- Review daily reconciliations of credit card receipts between the merchant portal system and the accounting system.
- Review and approve billing adjustments, special applications and write offs, and provide guidance in this area.
- Review and assist with reconciliations of customer accounts.
- Review and approve manual credit card charges for customer receipts. Assist with processing the credit card charges, as needed.
- Review collection reports and assist with collection matters and dispute resolution.
- Research and address complex customer issues and ensure issues are resolved fully and in a timely manner.
- Help develop sound, acceptable credit and collection policies and procedures.
- Analyze financials statements and credit reports of high-risk customers and report findings to management.
- Assist in releasing orders to the purchasing department after customer’s order has been reviewed and approved.
- Create and review customer reports to ensure accuracy of customer accounts.
- Complete month-end reconciliation of accounts receivable aging reports to general ledger.
- Reconcile intercompany billing on a monthly basis.
- Assist management with analyzing accounts receivable reports.
- Support management in all related accounts receivable functions.
- Compile and analyze financial information needed for financial statement preparation including monthly and annual accruals in Accounts Receivable area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree required, preferably in Accounting or Business. If degree is not in Accounting or Business, equivalent accounting experience required.
- Minimum 4 years of accounts receivable experience.
- Minimum 2 years of general ledger accounting experience.
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Prior accounting system experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills.
- Experience in manufacturing/distribution industry preferred.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with vendors, customers, employees, and the general public.
MNJ is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.