Valiant Solutions is seeking two Active Cyber Defense (ACD) Analysts to join our growing team supporting a large Government client in Greenbelt, MD. The ACD Analyst will look through network flow, PCAP, logs, and sensors for evidence of cyber-attack patterns, hunt for Advanced Persistent Threats (APT).
Valiant Solutions is a Cybersecurity company delivering cutting-edge security solutions to our Government clients specializing in Cloud Security, Security Engineering, and Federal GRC. This is your chance to work with a wide range of Security technologies supporting one of our security operations teams. This candidate will provide technical expertise on Security controls implementation and development of Information Security procedures for systems and applications to assist with obtaining an ATO for a large Government Agency. You will be part of a team working to establish an Information Security framework and helping develop a comprehensive IT Security program at the agency level.
This position is located in Greenbelt, MD. Salary will be based on qualifications and education. All candidates must be US citizens with the ability to successfully pass Federal background and credit checks.
· Actively hunt for Indicators of Compromise (IOC) and APT Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTP) in network and on host.
· Find evidence of attack, and attackers actions thereafter.
· Work with team to produce effective countermeasures against found evidence. Also, contributes to mitigations for future attacks of a similar nature.
· Follow Security Operations Center (SOC) policies, procedures for incident reporting and management. Create a detailed Incident Report (IR) and contribute to lessons learned. .
· Analyze infrastructure build sheets, Configuration Management Database (CMDB), NIST 800-53 ATO artifacts, Vulnerability scans, Access Control Lists (ACL), and vendor documentation to thoroughly understand software behaviors and interactions. .
· Monitor open source and commercial threat intelligence for IOCs, new vulnerabilities, software weaknesses, and other attacker TTPs.
· Study and understand IANA, W3C, IETF and other internet bodies’ protocol RFC definitions to understand violations and security weaknesses.
· Conduct forensic testing and operational hardening of multiple OS platforms.
· Analyze network perimeter data, flow, packet filtering, proxy firewalls, and IPS/IDS to create and implement a concrete plan of action to harden the defensive posture.
· Work with SOC shift team to help contain intrusions.
· Provides detailed requirements to team security engineers, SIEM specialists, and other team capability developers to provide reusable hunt tactics and techniques for other team analysts.
· Provide detailed input to watchlog and provide thorough pass-down.
· Generates documentation as required by the client.
· Thorough understanding of network protocol behaviors. Ability to understand netflow and PCAP.
· Thorough knowledge of open source tools to visualize PCAP data (Wireshark, TCPDump, etc.).
· Detailed knowledge of various forms of social engineering, including the ability to recognize and handle spear-phishing campaigns or other forms of social engineering attacks.
· Comprehensive knowledge of Windows and Linux behaviors, logging, vulnerabilities, exploits, and known attacks.
· Use of IPSec packet filtering and Windows firewalls with specific application to defense in depth of network based attacks, data corruption, data theft, credential theft, and administrative control.
· Red Team/Blue Team experience from a federal agency
· Expert knowledge of network routing and switching fundamentals to include knowledge of Multiprotocol Layer Switching (MPLS)
· Deep technical understanding of operating systems, network architecture and design, Active Directory (AD) application log consumables, systems design as well as superior knowledge of technical operations process and procedures
· Knowledge of how encryption, key management and cryptology works in the enterprise and in cyber data
· Understanding of Enterprise Architecture Standards such as the Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DODAF), Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), the Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF), and/or the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Well Architected Framework
· Knowledge in the Risk Management Framework (NIST 800-37), Security Controls as described in NIST 800-35, and the Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA) operating standards and applicable guidelines (risk profiling, control selection, control assessment, control monitoring)
· Expertise in performing threat modelling, risk analysis, root cause analysis, risk identification, and risk mitigation
· Expertise in Application Penetration Testing (fuzzing, reverse engineering, Fortify or similar, IDA Pro, Kali, BackTrack, OllyDbg, SQLMap, etc.)
· Expertise in Proof of Concept (Exploit) development
· Understanding of Secure SDLC (threat modelling, security requirements, secure design, secure implementation, secure testing, secure maintenance)
· Knowledge of Mobile Application Security and MDM sensor data
· Expertise in Embedded Device Security
· Expertise in Malware Analysis
· Organizational Skills: Proven ability to plan and prioritize work, both their own and that of team. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion.
o Problem Solving: Natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics. Ability to analyze problems and determine root cause, generating alternatives, evaluating and selecting alternatives and implementing solutions.
o Results oriented: Able to drive things forward regardless of personal interest in the task.
Minimum of 8 years of experience and a Masters, 10 years of experience with a Bachelor’s, or 12 years of experience with an Associate’s Degree
This job description could change at any time, without notice.
About Valiant Solutions:
Valiant Solutions is a security focused IT solutions provider with both public and private sector clients nationwide. As named one of the fastest growing privately held companies by Inc5000 and Best Places to Work in the DC area by WBJ, Valiant Solutions provides its employees with great benefits and opportunities for advancement. At the same time, we understand that our employees need the right balance between professional growth and personal life. We are looking for individuals that are passionate about the mission they support and are committed to the customers they serve. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment as part of a stellar team of professionals, then we invite you to apply online today.
Benefits Snapshot (includes, but not limited to):
Valiant pays 99% of the Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage for FTE
Valiant contributes 25% towards Health Coverage for Family and Dependents
100% Paid Short Term Disability and Life Insurance Policy for FTE
100% Paid Certifications
401K Matching up to 4%
Paid Time On – 40 hours to pursue innovation
Valiant University – Online Education and Training Portal
Reimbursement for Public Transit and Parking
FSA programs for: Medical Costs, Dependent Care, Transit, and Parking
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Valiant Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, pregnancy, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, disability, genetic information/history or any other personal characteristic protected by law.
· Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and also be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
· Must be able to constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine, and computer printer.
· Must be able to communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express one self, and exchange information visually and verbally.
· Must be able to occasionally bend and lift files and papers up to 10 pounds throughout the office space for events and meetings.
· Individual's primary workstation is located in an office area
· The noise level in this environment is low to moderate
Authorization to Share Resume and Personal Information: By submitting your resume for this position, you authorize Valiant Solutions to share your resume, as well as personal information included on the resume, with its subsidiaries, affiliates and teaming partners for the purpose of considering you for this position and other available positions requiring comparable skills, education and experience. Should Valiant Solutions or its affiliates and teaming partners wish to initiate pre-employment discussions, you will be asked to complete an employment application and related employment documents.