About the Job
SNI Companies is hiring! We are currently on the hunt for an Administrative Assistant for one of our clients in Washington, DC.
Under the direct supervision of Team Leader for Operations this position provides administrative support for the Operations and Program Teams. In addition to typing, filing and scheduling, performs duties such as financial record keeping, coordination of financial meeting materials; database management, and working on special projects. Also, answers non-routine correspondence and assembles highly confidential and sensitive information. Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Deals with a diverse group of staff and constituents via phone and in person at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload.
- Supports the operations and program teams. Activities include: maintaining all vendor accounts, processing check requests, and travel reimbursements for board and staff
- Assemble records, produce documents and backup as needed for annual external audit and Internal Audit and Review Team.
- Maintains accurate financial records for financial reports presented to the board.
- Assist in the processing of financial reconciliations monthly which include the Business Travel Accounts.
- Manage the finances of a Fund/CORR Action Fund (CAF) i.e. the processing of payments for groups receiving funding. Assure that grants turned in for payments are processed in a timely manner.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for the agency. Retrieves information from files when needed.
- Answers phones. Takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions. Works in cooperation with Executive Assistants to cover phones and to sort and distribute mail.
- Coordinates division of workload with the Executive Assistant to the General Secretary. May assist with scheduling and organizing complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and agency activities.
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy. Responds to regularly occurring requests for financial information for the agency.
- Prepare documents, reports for transmittal to the General Commission on Archives and History.
- Technical Capacity.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma.
Three years of financial administrative experience.
Additional language other than English desired, but not required.
Demonstrate cooperation, judgment, creativity, initiative, and discretion.
Maintain composure under short time-lines and high-pressure assignments.
Demonstrate ability to function sensitively and effectively in a multi-cultural environment.