About the Job
STS AeroStaff Services is currently hiring Aeronautical Loads & Dynamics Engineers for open positions in Greensboro, North Carolina.
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-877-707-5767.
Responsible for determination of flight and ground static and fatigue loads of airframe components, assemblies and systems, to ensure aircraft design is structurally sound and meets all regulatory and company requirements related to structural strength and fatigue.
- Applicant must be able to define and validate aircraft flight and ground loads through simulation/calculation using established theory and methods
Education, Work Experience, Certification and/or Licensure:
- BS degree in Aeronautical, Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering required, MS degree or PhD in Aeronautical or Aerospace Engineering is preferred
- Applicant shall possess a minimum of 6 years’ experience in aircraft external Loads analysis with preferably 10 years’ experience
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience and demonstrated proficiency in Unix/Linux, FORTRAN, C/C++, MATLAB, VBA, MSC/NASTRAN, MSC/PATRAN, MSC/FLIGHTLOADS is required. Python experience and/or proficiency is desirable
- Travel required 25% or less
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of static maneuvers, static ground, control surface component loads, component pressure loads development, and ground support equipment loads, along with experience in dynamic loads, such as tuned gust, PSD, equipment design accelerations, and dynamic landing loads per FAR/EASA requirements
- Experience with turbine engine fan blade out, emergency landing loads per FAR/EASA requirements, as well as flutter and vibratory analysis, is desirable
- Knowledge of, and experience with, FAA FAR 23 and EASA CS 23 Loads regulatory requirements and means of compliance is required, and experience with FAA FAR 25 and EASA CS 25 Loads regulatory requirements and means of compliance is desirable
- Organize, schedule and effectively coordinate work packages / phases, and lead less experienced team members in loads analysis tasks
- Must be proficient in generating documentation to support certification efforts related to external loads
- Knowledge of, and experience with, aeroelastic principles and concepts, including but not limited to static aeroelastic analysis including divergence and control reversal, is required
- Knowledge of, and experience with, dynamic aeroelastic analysis is desirable
- Demonstrated knowledge of FEA and doublet-lattice aero modeling techniques, particularly in MSC/NASTRAN, is desirable
- Strong knowledge of CFD principles and CFD-based modeling, along with wind tunnel test data usage for Loads analysis, is required
- Applicant must be able to communicate aerodynamic, structures and systems discipline input needs to ensure accurate load set development and conveyance
- Good fundamental knowledge of mass properties principles as they relate to loads analysis
- Knowledge and experience with cable-driven / mass-balanced flight control systems required including limited-authority servo systems, and knowledge of, and experience with, advanced flight control architectures including full-authority actuator systems, is desirable
- Strong knowledge of flight test data analysis related to structural design loads substantiation, as well as a demonstrated ability or experience with development of computational methods relating to loads analysis
- Incumbents may be routinely exposed to equipment operational noise heat-cold-dust, and/or aircraft equipment, parts, or fuel odors
- Incumbents may be required to stand, sit, squat, walk, bend, climb ladders, move, reach, or stretch for prolonged time periods with no restrictions, as required by job duties
- Work in a safe and professional manner while adhering to all regulatory requirements (FAA, OSHA, DOT, EPA, State, and Federal regulations, etc.)
- Read, hear, speak, and see with no restrictions, as required by job duties
- Comprehend and adhere to management directions and/or safety instructions with no restrictions
- Effectively communicate in Business English language
- Pull, push, carry, lift, or move items up to 10 lbs. throughout the work shift without assistance, as required by job duties
- Pull, push, carry, lift or move materials/people/items/equipment weighing up to 50lbs. or more during the work shift, with the use of Company provided “reach assistance technology” or “movement assist technology” (fork-lifts, pallet jacks, pulleys, dolly’s, robotics reach equipment, people movers etc.), as required by job duties
STS AeroStaff Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, and if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-877-707-5767.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.