Assistant Service Manager
Coastal South Carolina General Motors dealership is looking for an experienced Assistant Service Manager. If you are a self-motivated professional with superior customer service skills we are looking for you to join our team! We offer in-house training and support as well as competitive compensation. PLUS, a $2,500 relocation bonus available for the right candidates.
- Responsible for managing the production workflow to ensure that profitability, productivity and customer goals are achieved.
- Use informational tools and software systems to maintain an efficient workflow for automotive technicians.
- Assist in diagnosis of difficult vehicles and use such knowledge to further train and develop staff.
- Assist Service Manager with training, motivating, developing and retaining qualified employees and ensure technicians are working at high levels, delivering quality service and customer satisfaction.
- Schedule auto technicians and ensuring appropriate coverage to meet customers’ needs.
- Review technicians’ work for accuracy and completeness.
- Deliver quality work on time, every time to the customers to ensure long term growth in sales and profits.
- Respond to all questions, problems and requests in an attentive, helpful and timely manner.
- Ensure equipment is well maintained and maintain a safe and clean store environment. Follow all operation procedures to protect our assets (i.e., OSHA rules, hazardous waste, wearing safety glasses and filing timely paperwork).
- Ensure office records and all returns and core records are adequately maintained.
- Housekeeping and other responsibilities as needed.
• 2 - 5 years of Service Management experience at a Franchised Dealer
• 2- 5 years of Service Writing experience.
• Graduation from high school or equivalent and an Associate Degree in Automotive Technology from an accredited institution or equivalent experience
• 3-5 yrs experience in a dealership environment.
• Valid driver’s license and insurance required
Typical benefits, health insurance and the best compensation plan in the industry.