Audit Manager - Tysons Corner CPA Firm
Our Audit Managers work with Mid-Sized and Small companies in multiple industries. As an Audit Manager with our firm, you’ll be responsible for completing client engagements while developing strong working relationships with clients built around understanding their businesses and challenges. Strong soft skills such as communication, active listening and leadership are very important to this role, as Audit Managers play a key role in training and developing staff. Excellent soft skills are also critical to success delivering high quality service, as the Audit Manager is the key day-to-day client contact.
- Gain understanding of clients' needs and expectations, their business and industry, accounting and control systems, employees, company values and industry specific GAAP and GAAS issues.
- Take a lead role in planning and conducting annual audit, review and compilation engagements with a variety of clients.
- Supervise Audit staff assigned to your engagements.
- Prepare financial statements.
- Perform technical work and develop technical skills on-going.
- Maintain a good working relationship with clients, and work with client management and staff to perform audit services
- Assess risks and evaluate the client's internal control structure.
- Work with audit team to identify and resolve client issues discovered during audit process.
- Assist firm management prepare engagement reports of findings and recommendations.
Description of the Firm
To be considered for this Audit Manager opportunity, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree required & Master's preferred
- 5+ years current experience in Audit, Review and Compilation of Private Companies & Not-for-Profit entities in a CPA firm
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines and budgets
- Perform complex financial analysis
- Integrity, Intellectual Strength & Agility
- Are a passionate learner, and welcome opportunities to be stretched.
- Bring an Entrepreneurial point of view to the Auditor role.
- Are an energized professional - seeking greater responsibilities and more autonomy with clients.
- Have the passion & curiosity to look through the financials into the business, to identify potential opportunities for client gain.
- Are engaging & thrive building relationships internally and externally.
- Hidden Career Opportunities
- Proven Talent
- M&A Success
Why work with SterlingFreeman?
- All inquiries and conversations are held in strict confidence.
- You'll gain access to more Tax, Audit, Forensic, IT and Accounting opportunities through our deep network of contacts at 7,000+ CPA firms in every part of the US.
- You work with a team of highly experienced industry specialists.
- Our mission is to help you achieve your professional & personal goals by facilitating the right connections for YOU.
- We do this VERY WELL!
Audit Manager (Accounting / Public Accountant / Audit / CPA)
Tysons Corner / McLean / Virginia / VA
The Right People, The Right Opportunities, The Right Experience