About the Job
As a Diagnostic Technician, you will be working in a total car care repair center, with jobs ranging from standard maintenance to transmission, electrical diagnostics and everything in between if you have the proper skill set. This position will be responsible for explaining technical diagnoses and needed repairs to service staff and team members.
Other responsibilities of the Technician will include:
- Diagnose and repair automotive systems-drivetrain, brake and hydraulic, exhaust, primary and/or advanced fuel ignition and electrical, air conditioning and computer systems
- Transmission Removal and Installation
- Ability to accurately diagnose transmission problems, TCM, PCM, Solenoids, electrical issues.
- Assist other technicians in performing technical activities
- Continuously learn new information and techniques, including cross training of POS software
- Keep store management aware of mechanical repair problems and inventory supply needs
- Maintain an organized work environment
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation packages based upon experience
- Daytime work hours
- Access to AAMCO's proprietary training programs, seminars and skill presentations
- Live technician support hotline capable of troubleshooting any problem encountered in your center
- A company career path, a formal plan, designed to take you anywhere in the Automotive Industry. We offer a Career not just a Job!
- Clean, safe environment
- Great team atmosphere
To be qualified for the Diagnostic Technician position, you must have at least 5+ years of automotive and/or completion of automotive tech/trade school in mechanical diagnosis, problem solving, and repair experience. The Diagnostic Technician is also required to provide strong leadership skills and a customer-focused attitude to go along with a high level of motivation and energy.
Other requirements include:
- Appropriate Diagnostic tools necessary for service performed
- Current driver's license
- Ability to communicate solutions to others
- Must be punctual and bring a positive attitude to work everyday
- Be proficient with schematics and flowcharts
- Multi-tasking ability
- ASE/INDUSTRY/AAMCO Certifications are preferred but not required (we can get you there).
- Safe working knowledge of shop tools and equipment such as Scanners, electrical diagnostic equipment, AC recovery equipment, Fluid Exchange Equipment, Lift operation, etc.
If you are interested in this position, please feel free to apply through this site or contact Megan Cabot at 267-464-7252,