About the Job
A. POSITION: Business Analyst II
B. REPORTS TO: VP / Chief Information Officer
C. PROGRAM: Administration
D. OSHA Category: 3
The Business Analyst II is responsible for meeting the business needs for high quality information by extracting, analyzing, validating, and deploying reports requested by administrative, clinical, and other staff throughout the organization. Assists the Chief Information Officer with development, implementation, and maintenance of dashboards and other analytical tools to support business needs. The analyst will work closely with the Informatics team to ensure that data is pulled from appropriate sources, or that necessary data can be captured through workflow changes. The analyst will also provide support in making data-driven decisions by analyzing, tracking, and documenting data needs and strategies within the organization. The Business Analyst II reports to the Chief Information Officer (CIO).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Provide technical guidance for the planning & design, configuration and implementation of reporting and dashboard tools using SSRS and/or other business intelligence products
B. Support the management team through various means of data extraction and analysis, and identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in data sets as required
C. Works and communicates with members of the management team to understand data needs, create custom reports, and distribute reports electronically so management can run as needed
D. Develop new, or improve existing format and use of, reports within the electronic practice management (EPM), electronic health record (EHR) software, and electronic dental record (EDR) software systems
E. Work closely and collaborate with management team to prioritize business and information needs and requests
F. Works and communicates with members of the management team to implement initiatives, troubleshoot and resolve issues, improve processes, and meet other organizational goals
G. Demonstrate ability to provide excellent customer service
H. Abide by policies and procedures dictated in the Employee Safety Handbook
I. Participate in the agency’s Continuous Performance Improvement Program
J. Other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor
Performance will be evaluated by the VP / Chief Information Officer using the standard performance evaluation tools wherein a satisfactory overall rating is considered as a minimum acceptable level of performance.
A. Education: Bachelor’s degree in information technology, statistical analysis, computer science or health care related field, or demonstrated experience
· Experience in SQL report writing and database maintenance
· Experience in deploying reports through Microsoft SSRS
· Computer proficiency, in particular with Microsoft Excel (charts, formulas, pivot tables)
· Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
· Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
· Analytical and interpretation skills including financial and operations data
· Experience with scripting (e.g., Python, VBA, C#, Powershell, DOS)
· General experience working in a health care setting
· NextGen Certified Professional
· Experience working with NextGen EHR, PM, and DM
· Experience with NextGen Template Editor and Document Builder
· Experience with Crystal Reports
· Experience with Business Intelligence products to analyze data and deploy reports
A. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position.
B. Must be able to meet the attendance requirements of the position.
C. Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
D. Must be able to lift 20 pounds unassisted.
E. Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.