· Develop, lead and implement strategic actions to maximize sales and gross margin dollars in the one-step channel
· Create and implement an annual business plan to establish priorities, increase market share and identify opportunities with the greatest potential. Determine strategies and goals for each product and account.
· Schedule appointments and travel to accounts in order to develop relationships, understand business issues, sell products and Company programs, and provide service while representing the Company with integrity and professionalism
· Educate accounts about the Company’s value proposition in order to drive loyalty, satisfaction, and sales
· Act as a liaison between the Company and the customer to resolve product, inventory and other issues
· Develop and maintain regular communications in a cooperative and professional manner with customers and all levels of staff
· Educate customers and Company employees by conducting sales presentations and product knowledge meetings
· Research and develop lists of potential accounts, follow-up on leads and secure commitment for sale of products
· Drive and coordinate the sale of container loads
· Establish and recommend one-step channel coverage strategy. Work closely with the sales team to coordinate coverage and provide training specific to the one-step channel.
· Interface with manufacturers and their representatives to gain support and make joint presentations and sales calls
· Sell under established Company guidelines including; margin, suppliers, delivery/freight, and other criteria
· Participate in developing pricing strategies to meet sales and margin objectives
· Determine merchandising, marketing and program needs in collaboration with Marketing. Coordinate display placements and POS to support the out-of-warehouse business. Develop and launch annual programs and promotions.
· Utilize CRM to maintain a database of customers and projects, record activities and other relevant information, manage accounts and develop opportunities
· Communicate sales and product opportunities to supervisor along with current customer, competitor and market information. Complete and submit required reports to supervisor.
· Work closely with Purchasing to forecast sales and inventory needs to support expansion in the channel and provide market information
· Maintain current knowledge of products, including technical information and specifications, building code issues and revisions, the competition and market conditions