Claims Assistant - Professional Liability
CLAIM YOUR FUTURE AS A GREAT PERFORMER!
Providing both satisfying and challenging work along with a highly professional and friendly work atmosphere, Sedgwick has a strong commitment to its colleagues and its clients. If you are seeking a place where you can do great things for those whose lives you touch while maximizing your own career possibilities, Sedgwick is the place for you. As the largest and most innovative Third Party Administrator in the claims industry and the first and only TPA to receive both recognition as the Best TPA in America and the coveted Employer of Choice designation, we invite you to come be a part of our team and, "Claim Your Future."
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To provide technical claims support to the professional liability claims staff and customer service to claimants, clients and vendors; to perform administrative duties as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up new claim files pursuant to department protocol.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly ad hoc reports per client and/or manager's request.
- Prepares standard form responses as directed by claims staff.
- Handles special mailing and delivery requests.
- Processes claim payments as appropriate.
- Maintains professional liability manuals as directed by management.
- Performs administrative duties as required.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
High School diploma or GED required.
One (1) year clerical or customer service experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
NOTE: Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick CMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer