About the Job
Benderson Development Company is one of the nation's leading private developers of shopping power/strip centers.
Selected candidate will:
1. be involved in organizing, contracting, supervising, scheduling & planning of multiple construction projects to maximize cost efficiency and motivate employees to complete each project assigned on time and under budget. Provide technical expertise on cost estimates, qualify work scopes, negotiate contracts and change orders, and establish project objectives.
2. be directly responsible to assist construction project management in organizing, contracting, supervising, scheduling & planning of multiple retail, office and warehouse construction projects in order to maximize cost efficiency and motivate employees of contractors to complete each project assigned on time and under budget.
3. Provide technical expertise on cost estimates, negotiate contracts and change orders, and establish project objectives.
In this position, the selected candidate must have a very good knowledge of retail, office and warehouse and construction as it pertains to general building construction, site construction, and estimating project cost. Selected candidate will assist the project supervisor to oversee cost control to include monitoring the preparation of contract and bid documents, qualification of work scopes, applying budgets, scheduling contractors and processing of invoices. Coordinate building code compliance with Architects and Engineers, qualify scope of work, and advise management of revisions that may be necessary. Monitor plan development and specifications for cost effectiveness. Review both Architect's and Engineer's plans for adequate details of quality that address existing site conditions..
2 plus years experience /expertise in construction management of commercial and retail centers including design and layout for general construction and site construction. Previous coordination of work completed by contractors and subcontractors. Excellent communication skills. High level of attention to detail Experience in costs, takeoffs, bid analysis preferred. Computer literacy required.
Submit resumes as follows:
1. Visit our WEB SITE- www.benderson.com .
2. Click on employment; under career opportunities go to Click here (to browse our list of currently open positions) and apply for the position 17-0002 – Construction Supervisor
“This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulations prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability/protected veteran status, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities/protected veterans.”
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.