Well-known and trusted single and multi-family home construction company with a 60 year legacy is searching for an Assistant Superintendent to join their family of employees. This position will be based out of a Newark, CA, site location and we are searching for LOCAL candidates only due to the close-proximity of the work to the East Bay office. Great benefits and perks like company-paid car allowance and gas card. Apply now to be considered, these positions won't be around long!
Responsibilities for the Construction Supervisor
- Solves problems by using judgment based upon knowledge of existing products and tracts, homeowner and/or sub-contractor schedules, management policies, and departmental practices and procedures.
- Exercise initiative in organizing and completing assigned tasks according to established guidelines, safety standards and procedures, deadlines and department parameters.
- Expected to meet established productivity and task management standards, or seek assistance of Superintendent regarding project requirements.
- Develops and maintains excellent working relationships with homebuyers, prospective homebuyers, and vendors
Requirements for the Construction Supervisor
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- At least three to six months of demonstrated experience as an Assistant Superintendent in the construction industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires excellent customer service and the ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with homeowners and subcontractors, as needed.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle a multitude of projects simultaneously.
- Requires knowledge and understanding of building blue prints, maps, and color charts.
- Requires valid driver’s license; vehicle insurance.
- Dust Control certification; General Contractor's license preferred; Working knowledge of construction codes.
- Health/Vision/Dental/Supplemental Insurance/401(k)
- Company-paid gas card
- Generous car allowance
This Job is located in Newark, CA -> United States