WESTECH INTERNATIONAL, INC. (WESTECH) has the following immediate job opportunity:
Controls Specialist, Subject Matter Expert -Data Center Operations
In Papillion, Nebraska.
POSITION TITLE: Controls Specialist, Subject Matter Expert - Data Center Operations
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time Regular - Salaried
WESTECH sourced direct hires will receive: generous and competitive salary packages which are commensurate with experience, plus full benefits.
JOB GROUP: Professionals 3 (Engineer)
WESTECH is an approved small business, local supplier to locate, and screen potential hires for immediate consideration for Full Time Regular, Direct Employment opportunities within the Data Center.
WESTECH is seeking a Controls Specialist, Subject Matter Expert to join the Data Center Facility Operations team in Papillion, NE. The data centers serve as the foundation upon which our software operates to meet the demands of our customers. This role is responsible for reliability and quality of the Building Management System (BMS). The candidate will support data center daily operations, and global quality / standardization initiatives.
NOTE:Resumes of interested candidates must include: candidate's name, educational background, present employment, and employment history to include job objectives and technical objectives.
- Accountable for all Building Management System (BMS) operations, changes, and enhancements on a campus consisting of multiple data center buildings.
- Diagnose and repair complex control system malfunctions requiring extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems and ability to test and write modifications in multiple languages of systems software.
- Troubleshoot and repair controls hardware including controllers, relays, measurement devices, actuators, etc.
- Review operating equipment data for efficiency improvements, monitor all building systems for abnormal operating trends, and make optimization adjustments accordingly. Manage controls vendors while supporting site operations, including direct oversight to all system configuration and component upgrades.
- Review quality control of hardware installation and review programming through commissioning process for new construction and retrofits.
- Provide controls scope and review proposals for retrofits and upgrades.
- Oversee all system configurations and component upgrades to ensure system integrity is maintained and that all modifications to existing systems are in compliance with best practices, including change control processes.
- Provide technical controls training and support to all Facility Operations staff.
- Collaborate with Global Automation and Optimization team to implement initiatives at the data center.
- Communicate all issues and upcoming controls work with site management.
- Other duties as required to support the operation of data centers.
- Less than ten percent of Occasional travel as required.
- 5+ years of controls experience in programming development, start up, and commissioning of facility systems - central plants, air handling units, and evaporative cooling/humidification systems
- AS/BS degree in Engineering/Technical studies, Military Technical School, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in data centers or other critical environments
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and life safety systems associated with critical environments
- Ability to read and audit blueprints/CAD drawings and controls diagrams.
- Alerton experience
- Experience with software programming languages: Python, PHP, SQL
- Experience beyond field technician level - project management, project engineering, operations management.
- IT/Networking certification
LOCATION: Papillion, NE.
APPLY: Please submit your resume and letter of intent against this specific job on our website http://www.westech-intl.com/Talent_Portal.aspx. Once you have reached the employment page, find the specific job that interests you and meets your qualifications, click on that job. Next, look in the lower left hand corner of the job click on the button labeledAPPLY NOW