We are looking for an Data Scientist to join the organization's Analytics department. In this role you will be asked to help understand and analyze the platform's data, finding ways the data can bring value to the organization's clients.
This is a Not For Profit Organization located near University of Chicago's campus is dedicated to helping connect lower income communities to resources to help address their chronic health and social conditions or just stay well. If you've ever wanted to have the opportunity to have your work help those less fortunate than yourself in your community, this is your shot.
The primary responsibility of the position will be to understand and analyze the company's usage data, coming up with ways that the data can bring value to the company and its clients. Currently, their database contains service information and user data across 4 geographies. As the company continues to expand its reach and innovate its platform, the Data Scientist will be a key member of the organization, conceptualizing and carrying out analyses that demonstrate the data's value and building algorithms that elevate the platform.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline, computer science, or information technology
- At least 2+ years of experience in a data-related role, including machine learning and predictive analytics with big data
- Experience with programming and querying languages: R, Python, C#, SQL and its dialects
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as PowerBI, Tableau
- Applied statistics skills, such as statistical testing, regression
- Concise and organized scripting and programming skills
- Research experience or an understanding of research, especially health services research
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and strong track record of setting and meeting delivery commitments
- The ability to be candid and forthright and conduct oneself with maturity and integrity in all situations
- Can-do attitude and willingness to work on a dynamic mix of tasks no matter how big or small
- Commitment to social impact initiatives and helping underserved communities
- Experience with geographic information systems (i.e. QGIS, ArcGIS or other mapping tools)
- Comfortable working in teams and interfacing with customers
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure Services: Data Factories, Data Lakes, Data Lake Analytics
- Experience working with healthcare data and familiarity with health IT industry a plus
- Great PTO and Sick Time Package
- Full benefits