Oxford Search Group has been engaged by a growing and well-respected technology company located in the Greater Cincinnati region. The Director of Application Development works at the cutting edge of some of our most important business and technical functions; driving mission critical application development programs that fuel successful partnerships with our clients and help to unlock the massive potential of system integration, application development, and database architecture.
The company is set within a dynamic, work/life balanced environment. Offering competitive pay, benefits, flex-time, among other attractive perks and privileges. Proud winner of “Best Places to Work" award.
45% - Application Development Leadership
- Deliver customer value in the form of stable, predictable, and complete application development programs that provide the fuel for all downstream associate analysis and productivity.
- Provide unimpeachable application development life cycle process integrity to our software development activities.
- Identify application development opportunities and implement solutions to reduce manual efforts associated with estimating, planning, analysis, design, coding, testing and release cycle.
- Establish workflows and controls for monitoring key metrics associated with application development and related system processing performance.
- Partner with and provide consultative support to Product and Performance Engineering, Reporting, Electronic Data Interchange, Technology Services and Business Teams to insure operations service delivery for the rapid onboarding of new clients and smooth supply of data for downstream processing.
- Coordinate with client-side IT staff to implement required application development projects while providing a hassle-free experience as possible for our customers.
- Independently source opportunities for process improvement, efficiencies, and optimization of application capabilities.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the organization on work related to application and data elements.
- Experience taking a leadership role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to satisfied customers.
- Experience mentoring application development teams.
- Ability to develop best practices across an application development team.
- Analyze, design, coordinate and supervise the development of software systems to form the basis for the solution of complex processing opportunities.
- Analyze system specifications and translate systems requirements to task specifications.
- Complete code reviews and document code consistently throughput the development process.
25% - Database Architecture Development
- Hands-on database development architecture implementation, connectivity deployment, monitoring and support
- Provide subject matter expertise to the organization on work related to database architecture.
- A solid understanding of database performance and efficiency issues.
- Hands-on in writing code for database development.
20% - Capability Expansion and New Initiative Development
- Scale process and systems to meet growing demands of the business.
- Identify new opportunities to leverage application development to enrich current work routines and in support of the development of new operations workflows and/or new service offerings.
- Identify automation opportunities and partner with product development team to implement the same.
- Help establish the strategy for broader application and data use.
- Develop solutions to key business problems and support the rollout of new capabilities within a prioritization and ROI structure framework.
10 % - Organizational Leadership
- Build robust cross-functional relationships with key business stakeholders.
- Represent the company and its Application Development objectives internally and externally as needed in a way that underscores value contribution to our overall efforts on behalf of customers.
- Develop a center-of-excellence service delivery model to align with and exceed expectations of internal and external stakeholders.
- Share business and technical learnings and insights with the larger technical organization.
Essential Education, Skills, and Experience
- 10+ years of technical application development management experience
- 10+ years of database developer architecture experience
- 10+ years of Agile application development experience
- Experience in hospital or other healthcare IT settings and strong familiarity with industry standard data sets including 837/835 file formats
- Hands-on application development life cycle experience
- A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms, object oriented design, and systems architecture
- Expert knowledge with a strong understanding of the Microsoft Stack – including ASP,Net, C#, MVC, TFS, and MS SQL Server
- Hands-on demonstrated code writing experience and application development experience in a product strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Ability to work independently and own the full lifecycle of core technical programs
- Strong familiarity with the application development, analysis, design, coding, release
- Business process and workflow mapping skills
- Understanding of performance monitoring activities for mission critical business processes
- Willingness and ability to learn and adapt to rapidly changing needs and scope of work
- Superior problem solving and negotiation skills
- Articulate, well-spoken, and thoughtful
- Superior communication and collaboration skills (with up and downstream stakeholders)