Director of Business Development, National Security FedCiv - 17001838
ASRC Federal is now hiring a Director of Business Development, National Security for our Reston, VA location.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, qualification, win strategy development, shaping and support of proposal development activities leading to the successful capture of new business and re-compete opportunities, to include IDIQ vehicles and Task Orders.
Ideal candidate will have a proven record of success in managing complex business development opportunities throughout the entire Federal Acquisition lifecycle from inception to award. Demonstrated experience in developing new business and successfully pursuing medium to large-scale Federal Government business/projects is a fundamental requirement. Position reports to the Vice President of Business Development and will support growth of the IS&T National Security and FedCiv Marketplace.
- Define target markets, identify and qualify new business opportunities.
- Lead business development activity coordinating functional support through the identification, qualification and capture process to include: customer contact, competitive intelligence, gap analysis and bid team structuring.
- Identify and lead/work with a team to capture and win new business opportunities.
- Qualify and prioritize opportunities within the pipeline while managing time and commitments to ensure opportunities move through the business development
- Keep team informed of changes in market conditions, trends, and competitive activity that will impact opportunity development and capture
- Work with technical resources to understand the solution and support capture and proposal efforts to meet customer requirements and is easily evaluated by the source selection authority.
- Must display an extremely high level of communication skills to present, inform and persuade high level internal and external customers of the company’s understanding of customer needs and requirements, business development and capture plans, strategies and actions.
- In conjunction with the VP of BD, must develop market strategy and establish a supporting qualified pipeline, create and track schedules in GovWin and report status when required to senior management for key opportunities.
- Present the opportunity’s status at required gate reviews and obtain approvals as required to progress the opportunity through its lifecycle.
- Using provided tools and guidelines, classify the win probability, funding probability and bid/performance risks and establish appropriate risk management strategies.
- Develop and maintain an effective prime/sub relationship to successfully bid tasks and realize task order revenue from IDIQ contracts
- Interface with industry peers and evaluate/recommend teaming arrangements.
- Support marketing efforts by helping develop collateral and white papers
- Bachelor's degree with 10 years of related business development experience
- At least 5 years of continuous current experience in business development with specific federal market experience focused on growth in the National Security and/or FedCiv services market to meet new business targets.
- Demonstrated ability to penetrate new markets and build and leverage relationships into new business growth
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with all levels of personnel – senior executives, line managers, technical SMEs, and administrative support staff
- Proven ability to utilize critical thinking skills required to identify opportunities and shape them to align with relevant value propositions
- Proven ability to maintain productive customer and industry participant networks.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to work in parallel on multiple projects of varying complexity
- Must be a US citizen
- Eligible to obtain a Secret Government security clearance desired.
- Should have thorough research and data gathering/validating techniques to gather and document information about the opportunity’s timing, customer(s)/stakeholder(s), competition, pricing and procurement.
- Experience in the National Security marketplace desired.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law .
Job - Mktg, Sales & Business Dev
Primary Location - United States-VA, United States-Reston, VA, United States
Education Level - Bachelor's Degree Schedule - Full-time
Shift - Day Job / 1st Shift
Travel - Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level - Executive
Job Type - Standard