Support Military and Government Facilities engineering and design and have a hand in transforming tomorrow.
As the Electrical Telecommunications Engineer (RCDD), you will perform a variety of engineering work in the initial planning and design phase of equipment, systems, or processes. Specifications are prepared, and necessary subcontracts and requisitions are defined. The incumbent has deep knowledge of multiple subject areas or disciplines; thorough understanding of business objectives, priorities and strategy for own area; and understands industry practices and competitors. The person in this position will be part of the design team and will have a specific focus on performing facility telecom and outside plant design and facility electrical design services to deliver advanced facility design and expand our market share of these design of these types of facilities for Federal clients. In this area, we strive to provide cradle to grave long term solutions to our clients for highly secure sustainable facilities with building systems to support advanced data networks and secure systems.
You should be a self-motivated professional with a successful 10 year or more track record in design of telecommunications systems, security systems, and electrical systems for facilities, have a
- BS in Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Have a current Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) certification and have a Professional Engineer license in Electrical Engineering.
If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
Our Electrical Telecommunications Engineer (RCDD):
- With minimal supervision, the individual at this level is responsible for independently applying advanced engineering techniques and analyses for problems and methods.
- May provide technical guidance to drafters/designers and engineers.
- Work at this level usually requires extensive progressive experience in general engineering.
- Experience providing facility and outside plant Telecommunication system design and Electrical System design services for Federal clients required.
- Experience required with providing facility lifecycle services – consulting, master planning, facility assessment and planning, programming, charrette participation, feasibility studies, concept designs, and detailed design.
- Experience required with application of Unified Facilities Criteria in design of Federal Facilities (e.g. DOD ATFP facility design)
- Experience required with creating construction specifications based on UFGS Master Specifications.
- Experience required in planning and design of secure facilities, developing and reviewing protective design standards, design of high security facilities.
- Experience required with working as team member on a multi-discipline design team that is local and remote.
- Experience required with use of 3D BIM/Drafting/Modeling tools for creation of design deliverables.
- Experience to include extensive interior and exterior power, lighting and communications design.
- Must have strong field experience including construction management, field engineer experience or trade work experience.
Additional Information: This position requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance.
- BS or MS graduate in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited school
- Registered Communication Distribution Designer registered with BICSI
- at least 10 years’ experience
- Professional Engineer License (PE)
- US Citizenship required