About the Job
Assemble and prepare sub-assemblies of fabricated parts and equipment working from blueprints or product specifications using standard hand and power tools. Test and calibrate completed units to ensure parts and mechanisms meet product specifications. Perform final inspection on assembled and tested equipment. May rebuild and repair customer con rods. Travel occasionally to customer sites to assist in service calls or perform routine job duties.
Assemble Provisur equipment working from assembly prints or specification sheets, using standard hand tools.
Test completed units to ensure proper functioning and adherence to specifications and is the highest of quality.
Perform final inspections on assembled and tested equipment.
Responsible for assembly of peripheral equipment, testing and final inspections
Other duties as assigned may include:
· Submit equipment improvement suggestions to Engineering.
· Assist the Service department with troubleshooting customer issues
· Submit cost and efficiency improvements
Accomplish work in an organized, timely manner producing necessary results in spite of unforeseen changes; communicate effectively and alert team members and supervision if deadlines are in jeopardy; maintain high ethical and quality standards; and correct your own errors; and, regularly produce accurate, thorough, professional work. Additionally, recommend continuous improvement ideas and assist in implementation as required; take personal responsibility for service excellence, sustainability and safe working practices; and, understand and adhere to our Principles & Values and all company policies and procedures.
· Ability to read and understand Electrical Schematics and mechanical drawings.
· Able to use specialized tools and measuring instruments.
· Potential and desire for advancement into the higher Assembler labor grades.
· Good mechanical and organization skills are a must.
· Basic electrical background and previous machine shop experience is helpful.
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
· Minimum of 2 years in a related field.
· High School diploma.
· Typical office environment
· Normal Provisur shop and/or warehouse environment
· While traveling, may require overnights in-transit or in a hotel.
· While visiting customers, environment may include all elements of a shop floor, cold room and/or food processing production center. Smell, temperature and humidity may vary based on the work performed.