A Whole World of Wow! Keeping millions of global customers engaged through entertainment 24 hours a day, seven days a week takes the insight, intelligence and ingenuity of a global team of switched-on I.T. professionals. We are QVC. Ranked as #3 mobile retailer in the US, #8 mobile retailer globally, and ranked #3 e-commerce player in North America. Always on. And on a mission to change the way the world shops. QVC is an $8.8 billion dollar business that reaches over 361 million homes worldwide, with operations in the US, UK, Germany, Italy, France, Japan, China, and Poland. Over the next five years we will transform QVC from the inside out. Operating at the bleeding edge. Creating new technologies to build better financial systems, to evolve our call center, distribution and logistics divisions. As we continue to grow on-line, on-air, and through mobile, we are in search of tech talent to ensure our business maintains its success. QVC offers an exciting career path where you will have best in class tools and training to expand your skill set while working the job you always dreamed of. We are an innovative, technology-driven organization that embraces corporate responsibility and is committed to our people. US Headquarters are located in West Chester, PA and whether you’re coming from Center City, the airport, or a suburb with regional service, our shuttle service (from Exton and Paoli train stations) provides a stress-free daily commute to work.
Job Description Details
QVC is now hiring for Entry-level Associate Applications Developers that will start in 2018. December 2017, Spring 2018, and recent graduates are encouraged to apply. Our developers focus on applications that are used across all parts of the QVC business – eCommerce, Mobile, Supply Chain, Merchandising, and Enterprise applications. As an Associate Applications Developer you will be responsible for the delivery of quality and timely applications by leveraging modern design principles and testing methodologies on new and existing systems. You will be a vigorous contributor in the full software development life-cycle, from design to production installation and support. Our developers work to develop, configure, code and test programs to impact and enhance QVC’s global business.
Merchandising, Brand and Communications Applications
- The technologies used to support product merchandising and marketing, which includes product information, pricing, planning and category management. Utilizes Java, In Memory Data Grid and RestFul Webservices
- Our global eCommerce business comprises close to 48% of all of QVC's annual sales revenues worldwide. The applications and technologies required to support commerce on QVC.com. Utilizes, Java, Endeca, and Adobe AEM.
- Responsible for building, testing, and supporting Mobile, Tablet, and TV-commerce Apps and the services that support them. The Apps and Widgets have been developed in native code to support iPhone, iPad, and Android Mobile Phones and Tablets, and other new technologies.
Supply Chain and Customer Service Experience Applications
- The technology and systems used at our distribution centers and contact centers. In supply chain, these are the systems deployed in our warehouses to support the QVC order flow. They are diverse and have a high level of integration strategies to support software packages. At our contact centers, the technologies used support the order entry process for our customers. Utilizes Java, .NET, and C programming languages.
- Supports the applications used for data management and enterprise data warehousing efforts across QVC. Technologies used include Java, Teradata, Oracle, SQL, and DB2.
Enterprise Applications supporting Finance, HR and Legal
- Supports enterprise wide applications that support corporate functions for QVC and to deliver value to the business. Technologies include as Java (Spring Framework), ASP, VB, Workday, SAP, SQL, and ILM.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science & Technology, Management Information Systems, Information Systems, or other related field, or certificate from an accredited association preferred, or equivalent training and experience.
- 0 – 1 year overall IT experience.
- Ability to be part of an on-call rotation.
- Hands on experience with JAVA, J2EE, .net and other programming software.
- Experience building JAVA applications is strongly preferred