We excited to announce we are now recruiting for an Environmental Health & Safety Specialist in Springfield, TN., located just 30 miles northwest of Nashville, TN. This is a confidential position and within our organization, we offer talented employees exceptional opportunities to learn and grow professionally with rewarding careers. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, prescription plan, vision, disability coverage, life insurance coverage, 401K match, and holiday/vacation benefits.
The EHS Specialist performs professional work to protect or improve air, land and water resources in order to provide a clean and healthful environment. The work requires a professional knowledge of the principles, methods techniques of engineering concerned with facilities and systems controlling pollution and protecting quality of resources and the environment. This position will provide technical safety and health support to production and all employees, develop corporate safety and health programs and objectives and coordinate safety training programs, monitor safety and health regulations and provide technical support to plant and corporate personnel to ensure compliance with Federal and State safety and health regulations.
· Provide technical safety and health support and information to production and corporate personnel.
· Support corporate and plant engineering to implement engineering controls to minimize safety and occupational health hazards.
· Identify company safety training needs and develop and coordinate safety-training programs.
· Knowledgeable in Federal and State occupational safety and health regulations.
· Participate in new product and process reviews including hazard analyses training, etc.
· Perform work planning, designing, constructing, modifying or improving and maintaining facilities either by in-house or contractual.
· Regulate and enforce environmental engineering policies, programs and activities by established standards; draft new standards as necessary.
· Interface with regulatory agencies to direct permitting efforts.
· Conduct audits and engage outside vendors as necessary to ensure best practices and compliance with regulatory requirements
· Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Health and Safety or Industrial Engineering
· Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience
· Must be a US Citizen or Permanent US Resident
· Knowledgeable in Federal and State occupational safety and health regulations
· Ability to effectively deal with other people, especially other company personnel, to enlist needed cooperation in implementing regulatory requirements
· Ability to deal with regulatory agencies, consultants and other contractor personnel
· Excellent written, oral and computer skills required
· Ability to work in a team environment across a multisite organization
This is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.