Our client, a high-end homebuilder that is experiencing substantial growth, is actively recruiting for a sharp and capable candidate to assume Estimator role on its top-notch team. Although estimating experience is preferred, client is open to training a top-notch candidate with excellent potential. Superb analytical, detail and organizational skills will be essential. Some construction bkgd (terminology, ability to read blueprints, etc.) will be important as well.
Company builds luxury homes throughout the Triangle. Business is thriving and ensuring that the purchasing process is smartly managed is absolutely critical to ensuring effective work flow and cost management. This estimator will play a key role.
Position will involve helping to develop a systematic, efficient and dependable method for estimating the quantities of materials required to construct the houses. The Estimator will work closely with the Project Manager to create and maintain base sets of plans, estimate material quantities for custom plans, change orders and plan modifications, etc.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Estimate quantities and timing for various stages of construction, including footings, foundation, framing windows and doors, flooring, paint, etc.
- Work with vendors to create standard designs and estimates for specific plans
- Research, investigate and analyze variance costs
- Maintain pricing database ensuring it is accurate and up-to-date
- Work with operations personnel to improve sub-contractor scopes of work and work orders
- Contribute ideas and insight to enhance construction planning and execution
The right candidate will offer:
- BA/BS degree
- Experience or education in construction including ability to understand architectural and engineering plans and general understanding of estimating function
- Exceptional analytical skills including the demonstrated ability to develop and apply formulas to accurately estimate unit measures of materials
- Exceptional organizational skills - a lot is happening; the ability to keep it all together
- Exceptional judgment – there are daily decisions to be made; the right candidate will demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills as well as the judgment to know when to escalate decisions or problems
Company is prepared to train the high potential candidate who demonstrates these key qualities. They will pay an excellent wage for the right candidate. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.
Frankel Staffing Partners proudly recruits on behalf of premier employers in the Triangle (and beyond). We specialize in Office Support, Life Science and other Professional Services positions. To view our current openings, please visit our website at www.frankelstaffing.com.