Posted On: Tue Aug 8 2017
- Manage assigned personnel effectively to meet 24/7 facility coverage and maintain facility goal of 99% uptime for UPW/WWT, Bulk Gas and other related systems and equipment. Maintain performance specifications for UPW/WWT, Bulk Gas and related support systems.
- Plan, assign and distribute work orders and work requests. Supervise maintenance, repair and related construction activities. Maintain records and files; prepare reports, perform material and labor estimates. Provide effective time management and mentoring environment by delegating tasks to staff members.
- Implement comprehensive PM programs for facility equipment in FAMIS/CMMS system. Assist and support the training of existing and new staff members in FAMIS/CMMS. Assist and support the training of existing and new staff members in various other trade related systems and programs (i.e. SCADA, Allen-Bradley, etc.).
- Establishes, assigns and adjusts work methods and procedures to meet schedules using knowledge of capacities and capabilities of personnel and equipment. Initiates measures to improve methods, equipment performance and quality of work. Trains and instructs employees in new methods or procedures. Provide technical assistance to mechanics and inspects work in process to insure its completion within allotted time limits and for acceptable quality standards.
- Ensures budgeting guidelines are met; prioritizes expenditures to stay within budget; assists in the preparation of capital and operations budgets.
- Maintains records and files, including the approval of time sheets and paid-time-off, and submits as required. Responsibility for identifying correct stock levels of repair or replacement parts.
- Coordinates with suppliers, contractors, engineers, in-house staff and others concerning equipment operations and maintenance. Maintains records of outside contractors and maintenance personnel and oversees work by outside contractors as directed.
- Makes recommendations regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees. Recommends or initiates action involving promotions, transfers, disciplinary action and motivation of employees. Perform employee evaluations and performance plans as necessary.
- Interprets policies to assigned personnel and enforces safety regulations and adherence to required codes and standards. Promote EHS training requirements for assigned personnel.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned
A technical trade degree with a minimum of 5 years of related Ultra Pure Water/Waste Water Treatment (UPW/WWT) work experience and 5 years supervisory experience of UPW/WWT staff in a facility operations environment OR a minimum of 10 years of UPW/WWT work experience and 5 years supervisory experience of UPW/WWT in a facility operations environment.
Must possess good personal relation and communications skills, ability to write clearly and concisely, and proficient use of Microsoft Office, computer maintenance management programs, and other applicable computer programs. Required to wear cleanroom protective equipment and various personal protective equipment (PPE) related to work activities.
Must be able to carry and respond to cell phone/emails outside of regularly scheduled work hours. Possess ability to work with a culturally diverse population. This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background investigation; this position may require annual background investigations.
Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population. This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual background checks.