About the Job
JRI, in partnership with the Department of Youth Services, is currently looking for a full-time kitchen worker located in Westborough, MA. We are in need of a person to work a schedule to meet the needs of the program and ensure that the unit schedules are observed.
· Responsible for the preparation, distribution and handling of meals
· Responsible for the maintenance and sanitation of the kitchen, dining room, and all food storage areas.
· Performs all duties essential for the efficient functioning and maintenance of a food service operation, while maintaining a safe and secure environment.
· Interacts with residents, families, co-workers and supervisors in a respectful manner; provide humane treatment and assure dignity for all residents.
· Ensure the safety and security of the kitchen, dining room, and food storage areas as well as all related equipment.
· Adjust work schedule to meet the needs of the program and ensure that unit schedules are observed.
· Maintain high standards of professionalism by exhibiting pride and knowledge in performance.
· Follows all JRI and DYS Program Policies and Procedures
· Other related Job duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Food Service Workers General Working Conditions
· Exposure to Extreme Temperatures, slippery floors, and sharp equipment
· Work varied shifts such as weekends, holidays and nights
· Lift and carry heavy objects
· Stand for prolonged periods of time
· Must be at least 21 yrs old
· Authorized to work in the United States
· Must have a High School Diploma or GED
· Pass a CORI background Check
· Professional experience with preparing, serving, storing of meals and kitchen sanitation
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of MA/medical coverage
- Delta Dental of MA
- Vacation, Holiday, Sick and Personal time accrued
- 401(k) with company match
- Company-paid Defined Benefit Plan/Pension
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance (2 times your annual salary)
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement/Tuition Remission
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts