Matrix Precise is looking for a Senior Hadoop Administrator who will be a capable technologist specifically seeking a dynamic environment where his/her potential will be maximized through challenging projects within the health care sector.
- Work with Project Managers to develop effort and timeline estimates. For example:
- Requirements gathering, documentation, bug tracking, source and version control, release management etc.
- Identify and establish environments required for the lifecycle: development, QA, Test, Pre Production, Production, etc.
- Identify and implement technical solutions required for HIPAA and SOX compliance
- Implement formalized standard SDLC and BRMS processes
- Document and create a knowledge base
- Identify monitoring needs for availability and performance monitoring
- Troubleshoot critical issues
- Identify standardization, optimization and performance improvement opportunities
- Provide maintenance and support, work on enhancement requests and new projects
Skills / Experience
- Proven experience with Hadoop
- Good knowledge of Horton Works is a plus
- The right candidate will also have solid development skills and experience in Java/J2EE
- Good experience in backend software design in SQL Server, Stored procedures and MySQL
- Experience developing websites using a Content Management System (CMS) is a plus
- Experience with Cache’ database is a plus
- Experience in diagnostic laboratory applications such as Vantage, Instrument Manager, etc. is preferred
- Ability to work on multiple projects with multiple deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly with business users and project manager
- Ability to innovate
- Ability to create user guides and documentation and conduct training
- Project Management skills are a plus
- At least 7 of information technology experience
- Health care industry experience is preferred
- Experience in diagnostic laboratory applications is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
About Matrix Precise:
Matrix Precise is a Technology Solutions Provider working with major corporations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Matrix Precise delivers a wide range of solutions from web and mobile application, development, infrastructure support, application support, production support to testing services for their clients. Matrix Precise provides very competitive pay packages, including health benefits, PTO and 401K.