This position is in a manufacturing facility in the Inland Empire.
Having the authority to:
- Manage compliance with local, state & federal regulations and standards by directly supporting facility staff with policies, procedures, work instructions and training.
- Support the implementation of management systems to ensure environmental regulatory compliance and programs at the facility. Duties will encompass a variety of areas.
- Determine priorities for safety and health investigations in diverse work areas and make assignments accordingly.
- Develop and recommend appropriate engineering or work process modifications to prevent worker illness or injury. Provide follow-up assessment of recommendations.
- Administer employee Health, Safety & Environmental management practices under OSHA, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO/TS 16949 Standards.
- Develop reports and recommendations independently. Assist other employees in developing reports and recommendations.
- Participate in interdisciplinary team to discuss multidisciplinary approaches to resolving safety & health issues. Make recommendations with respect to equipment purchases, engineering controls, workspace planning and work process planning.
- Participate in workplace safety and health planning meetings.
- Ensure managers and supervisors have the appropriate safety and health; accident prevention; and investigation training.
- Ensure that managers/supervisors provide safety training and information to workers.
- Provide leadership in developing measures and practices that prevent accidents and ensure compliance with OSHA standards. This includes:
- Continuously monitoring the workplace for hazardous safety and health conditions.
- Ensure safety and health hazards are corrected, eliminated or guarded.
- Assessing engineering controls, administrative controls, and PPE on an on-going basis.
- Assisting in the investigation of accidents. This includes:
- Identifying hazardous situations that are associated with the accident.
Having the authority to:
- Stop and prevent unsafe actions; Stop the use of unsafe equipment and tools.
- Stop work if unsafe and/or have employees leave a work area if area is unsafe.
- Investigating all near misses, first aids and other safety-related incidents that have occurred within an incident/accident area. Work with HR on safety related accident clinic referral.
- Ensure the results of safety inspections are documented, monitoring the investigation of incidents/accidents and injuries, ensure that corrective actions are taken, and provide recommendations for ways to prevent similar accidents.
- Ensure that all incident/accident reports are recorded in a timely, complete, and accurate manner.
- Manage and coordinate Safety Team and Safety Monthly Meetings.
- B.S. in Occupational Health, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related discipline.
- 10+ years’ experience with management related functions and administration
- Manufacturing environment experience a must
- Working knowledge of Federal and State regulations. CSP or ASP certifications desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and knowledge of AutoCAD, Visual Basic, etc. is considered a plus.
- Ability to utilize approaches that require innovation and change.
- Experience in emergency response and incident command training and implementation.
- Well-developed planning and organizational skills including the ability to work independently, prioritize activities, meet commitments and proactively manage time.