TYPE: Hourly, On Call/Non‐Exempt
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
The position is under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager. The Housekeeper works independently and is responsible for cleaning the building, grounds and any other additions.
- Ability to read, write, understand and speak English
- Physically able to perform position responsibilities
- Knowledge of proper janitorial techniques for janitorial maintenance of the BHTCA common areas
- Knowledge of safety techniques and practices corresponding to janitorial maintenance of the BHT common areas
- Good eye for detail
- Knowledge of OSHA guidelines in the performance of duties
- Ability to work weekends on a scheduled basis
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Complies with OSHA guidelines in the performance of duties
- Performs thorough daily inspections of all assigned common areas to identify cleaning needs.
- Promptly reports all maintenance issues found anywhere on the property to the Operations Manager, or in the absence of the OM, reports to the Manager’s Assistant.
- Identifies reports and resolves any unsafe conditions found in the common areas.
- Communicates with residents appropriately in addressing problems or concerns.
- Refers residents to Management office as needed.
- Properly cares for uniforms provided
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Exercises care in use of supplies and equipment. Uses the proper amount of supplies without waste. Anticipates and reports supply needs and equipment conditions to the Operations Manager.
- Performs all cleaning and lamp replacement duties in the common areas assigned.
- Performs special maintenance tasks as may be assigned by Operations Manager or General Manager.
Bunker Hill Tower Condominium Association is the first residential high-rise building built in Downtown Los Angeles. At 32 floors, it houses 4 floors of commercial office space and residential amenities and 28 floors of residential units with a total of 255 units. Most residents have lived here for many years and many of the staff have been here just as long, owing to the fact that the residents greatly appreciate and take great care of everyone that works here.
Housekeeping staff are tasked with maintaining all of the Common Areas of the building (we do not clean any residential units).
All Housekeeping staff are SEIU Union employees with the following benefits:
• Competitive Starting Pay
• Guaranteed Annual Wage Increase
• Paid Health Benefits for Employee and Dependents
• Annual Bonus
• Employee Pension
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Sick
If you think you have the experience and the desire to provide the highest level of service, we strongly encourage you to apply!