Brief Summary of position:
Under limited supervision, plans and conducts operational, financial and compliance audits to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls. Responsible for gathering and analyzing data for internal audit; researching laws, regulations, company policy and procedures to determine compliance; make written value-added recommendations to management; and following-up on audits and corrective action implementation. Performs special consulting engagements upon request by internal audit management/company management. This position works with all levels of management, vendors, internal audit personnel and external auditors.
- Performs continuous auditing reviews by utilizing SMART audit indicators and other exception reports.
- Evaluates reliability and integrity of information and the efficient and effective use of resources.
- Reviews compliance with policies, procedures, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Writes detailed reports of audit findings and makes value-added recommendations to management.
- Tracks progress status of the implementation of recommendations as a result of the audit findings reports.
- Participates in process and internal control improvement initiatives.
- Perform operational and financial activities with risk assessments and action plans in their area(s) of responsibility to heighten awareness of major risk exposures, loss potential and/or transactional anomalies; facilitates discussions of practical ways to manage or avoid high risk situations.
- Demonstrates high standards of conduct and ethics as well as appropriate judgment, independence and discretion.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) preferred
- 3 to 5 years’ relevant experiencerequired
- Fully fluent in English; Bilingual MANDARIN required
*Any equivalent combination of related education and/or experience may be considered for the above.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
Work requires up to 50% travel
Work requires ability to interpret and determine compliance with laws, regulations, company policies and procedures
Work requires ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Strong analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
Work requires the ability to work effectively with all employee levels in a diverse community.
Work requires operating knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office
Only applicants meeting the requirements will be contacted for an interview.
HR will accept the first 50 applications.
Mission Foods is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity in all phases of employment in compliance with applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Mission Foods depends solely on your qualifications.
Mission Foods is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to Patty Garza or call HR Manager at 972-232-5200 to let us know the nature of your request.