Academic Computing and Communications Center
University of Illinois at Chicago
ACCC at UIC is seeking an Information Technology Manager / Administrative Coordinator ( Lead Security Officer).
The Academic Computing and Communications Center is an agile organization, with a collaborative and team centered environment that provides IT leadership, academic technology infrastructure and services at University of Illinois at Chicago. We excel at supporting 40,000 staff, faculty and students across a diverse and comprehensive university in the heart of Chicago. Our services include campus wide networking, teaching and learning, identity and access management, communications, research computing, IT security, application development, web services, compliance and more.
Under minimum supervision, designs and maintains UIC information security platform. Supports campus asset deployments, upgrades and maintenance, including servers and network security systems. Performs daily vulnerability assessment, threat assessment, mitigation and reporting activities in order to safeguard Campus information assets. Works on projects as assigned, including log analysis/management and endpoint protection solutions. Serve as backup person responsible for forensic services. Resolves security issues on Campus network.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- 10percent Supervise IT security problem queues ensuring issues are resolved accurately and in timely in accordance with defined SLAs.
- 20percent Act as level 2 support for security issues, resolving more complex issues while escalating issues requiring CISPO input.
- 20percent Apply security knowledge, skills, and abilities on assignments, projects and programs at the discretion of the Chief Privacy and Security Officer.
- 5percent Design and advise on processes, solutions, technical specifications, and implementation details to provide confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems and process that involve sensitive data.
- 10percent Assist with the development of campus security and privacy policies.
- 15percent Assist with creation of and implementation of departmental security policies.
- 10percent Plan, assign and review work with staff to ensure that group objectives are met. Train, develop and manage staff to ensure that qualified staff exists to meet group objectives.
- 10percent Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or related field.
2. Minimum 6 years progressively more responsible work experience in a IT profession, of which a minimum of 2 years of that experience has been within a Supervisory or Lead worker capacity.
3. Demonstrated experience within Information Security which includes; assessing, monitoring and maintaining, and evaluating information security policies and systems, including hardware, firmware and software.
4. Demonstrated knowledge in one or more of the following domains including but not limited to Data Security, IT Systems and Operations, Network Security, Systems and Applications Security or Vulnerability Management.
5. Demonstrated knowledge in computer programming in at least one language.
- Experience using Splunk in a security environment.
To Apply: Go to: jobs.uic.edu/job-board/job-details?jobID=82450
For fullest consideration, please complete an online application by clicking the Apply for Position button below.
Please upload all valid certifications and transcripts within the document section of your online application.
All civil service positions require an exam. The exam for this position is a Credentials Assessment. You will not be required to report in person for this exam.
Credential Assessment Exam Scoring Information:
You will not be required to report in person for this exam. The updated online application and all uploaded, relevant documents, such as a resume and/or college transcript will be used in the calculation of the exam score. These documents should be uploaded prior to the position close date.
When completing your online application, please be sure to provide your full work history with detailed information about your job knowledge and specific duties and responsibilities, as your qualifications for any Civil Service position will be primarily determined based on what is contained in the application. Dates of employment and if employed on a full or part time basis (including number of hours per week) must be indicated for each position held. Additional consideration will be given to supporting documentation i.e. resume, transcripts, licenses, and certifications so please be sure to attach all applicable documents.
If a degree or college coursework is required, you must provide official transcripts.
Transcripts/Licenses/Certifications MUST be uploaded electronically to your online application through the "Documents" page on the Civil Service Employment Application (page 4). Be sure to select the appropriate document type before uploading the document.
If your educational institution provides electronic transcripts, please have them sent to email@example.comHelp
If your educational institution doesn't provide electronic transcripts, they must mail the transcripts to:
Recruitment and Staffing
Human Resources Building Room 109
715 S. Wood Street M/C 862
Chicago IL 60612
Attn: CC8885 IT MGR ADMIN COORD (Lead Security Officer)
If an application and all applicable forms, transcripts, and supporting documents are not submitted by the close date, the applicant/employee will not be considered for this position and will be denied.
For fullest consideration, the above mentioned requirements must be submitted no later than Friday October 6, 2017.
We appreciate your interest in employment at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
The University of Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position requires Illinois residency within 180 days of the hire date.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.