Job Title: Senior Java Developer
Location: UC Davis in Davis, Ca.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 6 months to extend
Department: Admin IT, UC Davis
UC Davis/Admin IT is seeking a senior Java developer resource to assist in the development efforts of various key initiative projects. The successful candidate should have at least 8 years of recent experience utilizing technologies listed under the Qualifications section below.
Duties & Responsibilities
* The Java developer will design and development with oversight from Financial Systems Manager and other resources
* Implementing documented changes to the existing system and deploying these modifications to production.
* Providing input and recommendations to project leadership and team members regarding applications systems analysis, design, development, and implementation.
* Participating in reviewing user programming requests and consulting with users to clarify work requests and implementation plans.
* Maintaining software code, queries, and reports and program applications using current tools and languages.
* The Java Developer will conduct tests of applications programs and quality assurance reviews; compiling test and review results for review by others.
Qualifications for Java Developer
• Experience with technical design, with oversight, and documentation.
• Knowledge in these additional tools is preferred, but not required: Jasper Reports, CXF (and web services in general), ActiveMQ
• Knowledge of React,js, Spring Boot, Node.js, jQuery.
• Knowledge in computer sciences or related fields demonstrated through education or equivalent experience.
• Experience with Java development tools, using both GUI and command-line interfaces and the discipline of the continuous test and build process: Eclipse, Ant, Maven, and Git
• Experience with relational databases such as SQL Server and Oracle.
• Strong track record of understanding and interest in current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and/or industry activities.
• Strong team player who collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources.
• Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills - communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information and data.
• Exhibits an understanding of the importance of change management.
• Familiarity with service request ticketing systems (e.g. JIRA).
• Understands the importance of systems that insure repeatable processes and the need for best practices in software
• Willing to investigate issues to discover the root cause for system disruptions or problems and understanding the importance of correcting the underlying cause rather than a "quick fix".
• Experience with Object Oriented software development language and environment.
• Experience in developing web-based applications in a production environment.
Ability to quickly analyze and learn code structure of an existing system which has only high level technical design documentation.