Jr. AND Sr. Full-stack Engineer – Early Stage Startup (Waltham)
We are excited to expand our team to include a Junior and Senior Full-Stack Engineer (potential lead). For either role you will be a polyglot engineer capable of jumping into any area of our stack. We're a small, Agile-practicing development team in need of engineers with broad interest in any area of our stack (UI to backend).
As a Junior Engineer, we’re looking more at your interest and passion in software and product development rather than at experience gained so far in your career. As a Senior Engineer / Lead we’re looking for you to be experienced, someone who brings both strong development and UI design skills to tackle an ever-growing feature set. On the Senior side, you will be a key early player augmenting the founding team of engineers. You'll spend your time working on customer-facing features, and the technology that supports those features. For both roles we have plenty of challenging and interesting problems for you to wrap your head around in a space (EdTech) that makes a difference!
We're specifically focusing our search on people with:
- Practical understanding of algorithms, data structures and sometimes design patterns
- Ability to learn and master new technologies quickly
- Some experience developing against backend frameworks as well; Django, Rails, etc.
- Practical understanding of REST-based APIs and how they work
- Comfortable developing, deploying and debugging Web applications
- Enjoy contributing across all areas of the product; on our team, if it hasn't been done before, you figure it out and teach everyone else
- Strong coding, testing, useful documentation and effective communication habits.
Technologies we like to use:
- Frontend technologies such as HTML, CSS, LESS, Stylus, require.js
- Backend tools like Python, Django and Celery
- Infrastructure like Docker, Apache, Nginx, AWS Services, Ansible, Chef
- Analytics tools like Kibana, Fluentd and AWS-based analytics tools
- Datastores like MySQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch and other NoSQL stores
- Development tools including git, jenkins, Selenium, PyCharm