Large global retailer (stores and online) is seeking a Junior Developer / QA Analyst for a contract opportunity located in Grapevine, TX.
Required Skills: This client prefers to hire a recent college MIS graduate or equivalent (training & previous experience) that has:
- Analysis training or experience with data comparison, business processes, abstract / analytical thinking, etc.
- Working knowledge of relational databases and SQL.
- Eager to learn the business processes, by working one day a month in:
- local store.
- other departments at SSC in; store operations, finance, inventory control, marketing, merchandising, International, Store Help Desk, QRT, or with another QA Team.
- One (1) year commitment to this entry level, training, career opportunity.
- Emotionally mature and searching for a career opportunity with potential career growth (require two professional letters of recommendations from either former work managers or college instructor / professor).
- Minimal expectation is 40 hours a week, on site, with no telecommuting.
- Will seek and enroll in recommended technical training (CBT or classroom), on their time, to become technical proficient with:
- QA and development tools.
- programming and/or scripting language.
- with business / data analysis.
- Proficient with Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Project, etc.).
- Knowledgeable with Internet Explorer or other compatible internet browsers.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing (request candidates arrive with a one page description of usage of one of the Microsoft products or browser listed above, covers two objectives).
- Willing to work overtime when required.