Location: Greenbelt, MD (Goddard Space Flight Center)
Design and support the Knowledge Management program of the Flight Projects Directorate. Work with Flight Projects Directorate Management to set the direction of the program and areas of focus and to leverage unique opportunities for integrating knowledge management practices within the work of the Flight Projects Directorate.
- Integrate learning activities within the project life cycle and facilitate project and program compliance with agency directives relating to Knowledge Management.
- Develop guidance materials to support projects with their knowledge management activities.
- Conduct outreach activities (road shows and newsletter articles) to communicate with programs and projects.
- Facilitate and coordinate group lessons learned sessions with the Flight Projects Directorate office.
- Aggregate and disseminate lessons learned from the Flight Projects Directorate.
- Maintain electronic systems for easy access to lessons learned.
- Design and implement activities to ensure adequate utilization of documented lessons.
- Facilitate and coordinate knowledge sharing workshops and forums for various internal audiences.
Coordinate with the Office of the Chief Knowledge Officer
- Review and comment on Agency directives relating to knowledge management and their potential impact on project-level activities.
- Support related GSFC efforts to identify “best practices” and to nurture communities of practice.
- Represent the Flight Projects Directorate within the Center-wide Lessons Learned initiatives.
- Partner with relevant organizations within GSFC to:
- Support the development of effective search tools and taxonomies for knowledge asset storage and retrieval.
- Ensure that knowledge products such as case studies and lessons learned are integrated within training programs.
- Help disseminate information about the organization's knowledge sharing program to internal and external audiences, including organizing knowledge sharing events, maintaining communications on knowledge sharing across the organization, participation in orientation and training sessions, and preparation of brochures/presentations.
- A strong customer-oriented approach.
- Ability to work independently with limited guidance, to multi-task and perform under extremely tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Confidence to interface successfully with business personnel and technical leads as well as personnel at varying levels of management.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail - ability to manage time and meet the many reporting deadlines.
- Strong communication skills - oral and written.
- Facilitation Skills (preferably lessons learned facilitation)
- Content management skills and a willingness to learn to use and manage various IT systems currently employed as knowledge repositories – this is not an IT position.
- Change management skills.
- Proficient with MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Individual must meet government NAC and citizenship/permanent residency requirements for access to NASA GSFC. Extensive background investigation will be performed as a requirement of the job.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and twelve years of relevant experience or masters and six years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge Management Certification preferred but not required.
Company : ASRC Federal has multiple subsidiaries that provide cost-effective, quality solutions to government agencies. ASRC Federal subsidiaries are determined to deliver on every commitment to every customer. Our subsidiaries provide a wide array of services to a broad base of federal government agencies. ASRC Federal supports our family of companies through a Shared Services Center—providing business systems and infrastructure necessary to successfully execute government contracts. ASRC Federal and our subsidiaries offer a respectful work environment and encourage employees to share their ideas to foster innovation and efficiency. We focus on our employees, so our employees can focus on our customers