About the Job
Ultimate Nutrition Job Description
Job Title:LIMS CoordinatorandLaboratory Assistant
Department:Quality Control Laboratory
Position Summary:Assist in compiling scientific data for the customization of the LIMS system (STARLIMS). Load historical data and test results to fully populate LIMS system. Create LIMS functions using GUI. Coordinate efforts for implementation and ongoing customization and expansion of functionality ofSTARLIMS system. Conduct validation for components of STARLIMS system. Theprimary of focus of this position will be LIMS related, as time allows will assist in laboratory testing and method development for methods to use with component testing of dietary supplements.
Reports To:Reports directly to Laboratory Supervisor
- Data Entry for test methods, materials, testing data, etc. for customization of STARLIMS.
- Coordinate with LIMS team for creation and implementation of STARLIMS components.
- Perform validations and write validation summary report.
- Conduct testing for routine samples.
- Assist in method development for new test methods
- Originate and revise laboratory SOPs.
- Review laboratory notebook and related documents.
- Support other laboratory tasks and duties as needed.
- Bachelor’sdegree in microbiology or chemistry or a related field with2years’ experience.
- LIMS usage, experience with implementation and administration of STARLIMS is preferred.
- Must have very strong computer skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Knowledge of Excel and formulas.
- Strong data analysis skill and troubleshooting ability.
- Experience working in a FDA regulated pharmaceutical, dietary supplements, OTC or food.
- Good documentation skills undercGMP regulation.
- Attendance and punctuality are a must as the LIMS Coordinator and Laboratory Assistant job function is a key laboratory position.
- Must have a positive attitude in order to work in a team oriented environment.
- Good documentation and communication skills, organized, attention to details, self-starter and team worker.
- This position is from 8:00am to 5:00pm each week day with additional work including off shift and / or weekend work as required.
- A large part of this job is spent working in an office which includes utilizing Microsoft Excel and Word and maintaining detailed, accurate, up to date files.
If interested, please apply online or send your resume to email@example.com