About the Job
Provide administrative support duties to include assisting with department process improvement, research for clinical faculty/resident projects, back-up to manager or floor nurses, maintain supplies, coordinate schedules and meetings, and participate in training/in-services for staff nurses.
1. Maintains daily operations of clinic.
2. Keeps manager informed of any issues with patients, staff or physicians that are beyond their comfort level or are questionable.
3. Input/maintains physician schedules (350 schedules/mo).
4. Orders departmental and medical supplies.
5. Responsible for equipment maintenance/repair.
6. Inputs productivity data (residents).
7. Conscientious of maintaining budget/spending (confers with manager).
8. Monitors quality control standards (immunization logs, waived testing, drug sample logs, equipment sterilization logs, etc).
9. Resolves less complicated patient, staff and physician issues.
10. Assist s with evaluating associate performance and recommends merit increases (manager disciplines).
11. Reports to manager any associate non-compliance with approved policies.
12. Monitors associate work schedule and PTO requests -- maintains appropriate staff coverage.
13. Provides staff training/onboard check list.
14. Makes sure NCHD referrals are appropriate.
15. Assists staff as needed
16. Follows the CHRISTUS Physician Group guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
17. Maintains strict confidentiality.
18. Uses oral and written communication skills to effectively convey ideas in a clear, positive manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission.
19. Maintains established CHRISTUS Physician Group policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
20. Implements job responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission and Code of Ethics and supportive of CHRISTUS Physician Group's cultural diversity objectives.
21. Supports and adheres to CPG Service Guarantee.
22. Performs other related work as required.
LVN or RN with current Texas licensure or a Certified Medical Assistant with current certification and administrative/managerial physician office experience. Minimum 2- years of experience, previous experience with a Residency Program a plus. Excellent computer knowledge and skills that include data input/abstracting. Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook. Current CPR certification.