About the Job
Eurofins Eaton Analytical, Inc. is the largest potable water testing laboratory in the US, with over 100,000 combined square feet of laboratory space and nearly 200 qualified staff at our California and Indiana facilities. We also maintain service centers in Washington, Arizona, Colorado, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Florida. We serve more than 500 clients across the United States and in more than 100 foreign countries and are certified to perform Safe Drinking Water Act compliance analysis across the country.
Eurofins Eaton Analytical, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for a Laboratory Assistant - Receiving in Monrovia, CA.
Laboratory Assistant - Receiving responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
· Performs courier duties delivering sample kits and picking up samples from various customers in the Southern California area.
· Performs routine sampling.
· Produce bottle kits, add preservatives to containers, and performs Shipping and Receiving duties.
· Performs sample disposal, waste accumulation and other related waste disposal duties.
· Receive samples, unpack coolers, label containers Scan shipping documentation, and perform sample login.
· Clean equipment, such as glassware, coolers, sinks, tables, samplers using solvents, water and detergents or acids according to Standard Operating Procedures.
· Organizing walk-in refrigerators and sample disposal queue.
· Performs routine, non-technical duties throughout the laboratory
The ideal candidate would possess :
· Must have a neat, clean appearance and a customer-friendly personality
· Must be detail oriented with the ability to speak, read and write English fluently and have the ability to follow complex instructions
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and a willingness to meet daily commitments with a widely varying workload.
· Database experience is not required but is a plus.
· An understanding of basic chemistry is not required but is a plus.
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Valid driver's license and clean driving record
· Must be able to lift 55 lbs. routinely and safely and must be able to work standing for most of the day
· Must be familiar with MS Office programs such as Outlook, Explorer, Excel and Word
· Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Monrovia, California are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com. Eurofins is the world leader in the food, bio/pharmaceutical product testing. It is also number one in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, discovery pharmacology, and central laboratory services. With over $1.6 billion in annual revenues and 19,000 employees across 200 sites in 38 countries, Eurofins is a leading international group of laboratories providing an unparalleled range of testing and support services to the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, food, environmental, and consumer products industries and to governments.
Eurofins is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.