About the Job
Performs the same basic clinical accumen of the RRT: Provides respiratory care procedures under medical direction specifically focused on the assessment, treatment, management, control, diagnostic evaluation, education, and care of patients with deficiencies and abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system as well as on the prevention of the development of these deficiencies. Therapy includes but is not limited to application and monitoring of medical gases (excluding anesthetic gases) and environmental control systems; mechanical ventilatory support; artificial airway care; bronchopulmonary hygiene; pharmacological agents related to respiratory care procedures; basic hemodynamic cardiovascular support appropriate to ages served: primarily adults 18 -- 65 or geriatric patient's ages over 65. May also include care for infant age 0 -- 1 year, child ages 1 -- 12 or adolescent ages 13 -- 17 years. Care is provided within an assigned unit of the hospital, in accordance with accepted clinical practices and established policies and procedures. The focus of patient and family education activities is to promote knowledge of disease process, medical therapy and self-help. Works with other disciplines to ensure a collaborative approach to the care of the patient. May have other duties assigned as required.
- Graduate of an accredited Registered Respiratory Therapy program.
- BSRT preferred.
- Three years general adult care experience preferred. Two years of Critical Care experience and two years of pediatric or neonatal care experience preferred at South campus
- Registered Respiratory Therapist via the National Board for Respiratory Care required.
- RCP-TMB required.
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- ACLS certification within 90 days of hire/transfer date.
- NRP within 1 year of hire/transfer date at South campus.