Role: PHP Web Developer
Work Location: Flowood, MS
Number of Positions: 1
Type: Fulltime / Perm
Company Description: Energy
US CITIZENS AND THOSE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE US ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. WE ARE UNABLE TO PROVIDE SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME.
The primary function of this role is to ensure effective development and deployment of all web-based initiatives within the Company’s Communications Department. The selected candidate will also have several other responsibilities.
This position will develop strategies and implementation goals for web sites and web-based solutions based on brand audience and work with internal and external vendors. He or she works with the Communications Manager and other team members on these tasks and other responsibilities as described below
- Server setup, relational database architecture, front-end & back-end development
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code using best software development practices
- Create site layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Set up and maintain virtual and installed Linux servers
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling sites
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Team with web designers to match visual design intent
- Proven working experience in web programming
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- The intranet is built on PHP, HTML, CSS, SQL and it uses the Laravel PHP framework; git used for version control. LARAVEL DEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCE IS STRONGLY PREFERRED. All the new apps have been built around Laravel.
- All the existing sites are built using WordPress so this experience is helpful for the older sites.
- A solid understanding of web design and how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- BS in computer science or a related field
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Team player
- Macintosh experience
- Able to travel as needed
- Excellent health insurance coverage
- Profit sharing and 401k matching
- Tuition reimbursement eligibility
- Dependent “Scholarship Program” eligibility
- Generous vacation plans