Visionworks is currently hiring for a top notch individual to office in San Antonio, Texas for the position of Leave of Absence Program Coordinator. The Coordinator will be responsible to coordinate and administer all aspects of the leaves of absence and workers compensation process’ to ensure compliance with company policies, and federal and state leave laws and regulations.
Summary of Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate and administer all company leaves of absence, to include but not limited to FMLA, NON-FMLA, personal leave, military leave, workers compensation etc.
2. Serve as the subject matter expert and primary point of contact for Company leaves of absence and manage all leave inquiries, educating associates and managers on the leave process and related policies.
3. Interprets and administers leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc.).
4. Ensures that the workers’ compensation program is managed in accordance with applicable OSHA and workers’ compensation laws.
5. Coordinate return to work and accommodation requests.
6. Intake of leave requests, sending required notices, forms and letters, and determining leave eligibility.
7. Create and maintain complete and accurate leave files.
8. Ensure proper time keeping for associates out on a leave of absence, as well as proper payment while on leave, to include management of short term disability (state and company paid), and transition to long term disability.
· High school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience.
Experience & Background:
· Minimum three (3) years’ experience in an HR/Benefits related position. Previous experience in leave of absence administration (of both continuous and intermittent leaves) in a high volume, multi-state environment preferred but not required.
· In-depth knowledge of federal and state leave related regulations including FMLA, ADAAA (including the interactive process) and HIPAA.
· General understanding of Company benefit program as they relate to leaves of absence, including short/long term disability, COBRA, state disability pay, etc.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
If you are prohibited from working on a government contract, this may disqualify you from consideration for this position.
HVHC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or disabled veteran, or any other status protected by Federal, state or local law.