About the Job
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Duties are performed throughout every work day, as necessary):
- Conduct research and respond to client and attorney requests as needed.
- Keep abreast of pending litigation, legislation, industry trends and current events that impact clients and perspective clients.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the Cybersecurity and data privacy industry and ability to maintain key relationships as needed.
- Research topics relevant to client requests and draft memos accordingly.
- Monitor industry publications, Congressional floor action and press briefings for the White House, State Department, and Defense Department then relay relevant issues to clients and trade groups.
- Assist with client development, including conducting research and working with business development on presentations and proposals.
- Track various media outlets both mainstream and beltway and monitor articles that include information critical to client issues.
- Navigate the congressional record, cloakroom, committee, member, and other congressional affiliated websites.
- Maintain a working knowledge of international affairs and ability to spot trends and potential problems or solutions.
OTHER ESSENTIAL DUTIES (Duties are performed periodically, as necessary):
- Draft memoranda, state-of-play memos, papers, policy briefings and letters for clients.
- Draft alerts and other information updates to be published online.
- Draft comprehensive weekly news and legislative summaries updating clients on various issues.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Proficiency in Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office including Word and Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong research and writing skills
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative while also multi-tasking and prioritize among competing tasks under pressure and time constraints
- Good judgment and a strong sense of responsibility, integrity and loyalty
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize among competing tasks under pressure and time constraints
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality of client and office information and adhering to the Firm’s Core Values
- Commitment to the office and firm
- Commitment to professional growth and development
EDUCATIONAL/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred
- Basic knowledge of the legislative process required