Who is the Real Estate Loan Operations Manager?
As the Real Estate Loan Operations Manager you will proactively manage the daily functions of the Real Estate Loan Operations staff. As a key leader in our Real Estate team it will be important that you lead a high performing team to meet or exceed mortgage loan production budget, maintain superior service standards for both external and internal stakeholders at all times and ensure compliance to regulatory/ internal policies and procedures.
Here’s what you can expect day to day:
You will lead a high performing team that drive high customer focus and sales results - You will hire, train and develop high performing staff; as well as ensure ongoing performance management. Conduct periodic performance evaluations and provide regular feedback to your team.
Direct oversight and active management of residential lending team (from initial processing to funding), including:
- Manage production pipeline on a daily basis;
- Manage the underwriting and approval of all real estate loans within established lending policies and limits and ensure the quality of each loan package;
- Manage vendors to ensure professional and quality handling of member loan files;
- Review Mortgage Consultant scenario requests;
- Regular review and management of risk assessment processes;
- Ensure prompt, accurate response to audit inquiries from investors, regulators, third-party vendors and company auditors;
- Review and rebut as necessary investor repurchase requests;
- Manage the process for handling employee mortgage loan requests. Personally discuss loan options, programs and pricing with employees;
- Continuous Improvement - Review processes regularly. Make or recommend changes to processes with goal of streamlining workflows and attaining optimal team performance;
Look after our members:
- Personally manage escalated member relations including effectively resolving any member concerns; and
- Ensure prompt and timely member communication is provided and turn times are at optimal levels;
Keep ahead of the game!
It's important to the success of the team and Provident that you maintain a working knowledge of investor/portfolio lending guidelines, California real estate laws & internal policies and procedures. You will ensure understanding of, and adherence to, the BSA & OFAC policies & procedures. Annual training will be provided in these to remain compliant.
What you’ll bring to the position:
Service to our members is our primary focus and as such the skill and commitment to provide outstanding service to external and internal members is essential. To be successful in this position you will also show excellent organization, personally and with your team and have a strong head for mathematics, numbers and using these to drive business outcomes.
You will have:
- A college degree (or equivalent directly related working experience);
- Ten years' successful loans operations experience in real estate lending;
- Five years' experience in managing a real estate loan operations staff;
- Five years' experience with FHLMC/FNMA underwriting; and
- Registration as a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) through the National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) is a plus.
You will be passionate about upholding the Credit Union's reputation at all times. This means the ability to learn, understand and follow various compliance requirements including:
- State and Federal Regulations and Requirements;
- California Credit Union Law and Rules and Regulations;
- Provident Board Policies;
- NCUA Rules and Regulations;
- Established internal policies and procedures (as well as recommending amendments as needed).
Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including over the phone) will help you be successful as our Real Estate Loan Operations Manager
The position demands maturity, flexibility, prior banking experience and someone ready to contribute at a high level—and the rewards that come with it.
- Fully paid health insurance premiums
- Quality medical, dental and vision care coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contributions
- Strong commitment to investing in your career and educational advancement by offering up to 100% tuition reimbursement for approved courses
- Incentive plan
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Flexible spending accounts
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Provident membership
- Rate discount on home and auto loans
- In-house training
- And much more!
Provident is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are a winner of the Bay Area News Group Top Workplace in 2017. Check us out on Glassdoor