Repairs, installs and performs preventive maintenance on all production equipment to ensure that such equipment is in good operable condition at all times.Uses electrical and mechanical expertise to trouble shoot, repair, install and perform preventive and interactive maintenance on all production equipment accessories to ensure that all equipment is in good operable condition at all times.
- Installs, operates, maintains, checks and trouble-shoots all types of A/C and D/C electrical equipment. Installs, trouble-shoots and repairs solid state and electronic equipment.
- Installs, operates, maintains and checks all types of mechanical equipment as directed.
- Inspects machines, takes any required test and completes reports and paperwork as required for company record.
- Uses machine parts such as lathes and mills when necessary due to breakdown or as directed by supervision.
- Read and make proper installations of semi-complex electrical circuits from wiring diagrams as instructed.
- Perform PM and repair work in accordance with A.I.B. and G.M.P. principals.
- Diagnoses and employs proper procedure of troubleshooting to determine when parts need replacement and when repairs are necessary.
- Dismantles, repairs and re-assembles gear boxes, fans, conveyors, blowers, compressors, pumps, valves, furnaces, drives and all allied mechanical equipment when directed or when directly related to electrical trouble shooting.
- Dismantles repairs, and re-assembles electrical motors, relays. Timers and all allied electrical equipment.
- Possess working knowledge of hydraulic systems, air systems and be able to read semi-complex diagrams and troubleshoot working systems.
- Installs and repairs electrical conduit, cables, piping, and tubing including all necessary connections, controls and grounding as directed.
- Possess working knowledge of dust and fume collectors and performs necessary repairs on these items as directed.
- Operates mobile lift truck and hoisting equipment in the performance of maintenance work. Must have forklift operator’s license.
- Possesses knowledge of simple rigging when necessary for equipment moving and relocation.
- Possesses some knowledge of lubricants for all types of machines and performs necessary lubrication of production machines as directed.
- Helps maintain spare parts inventory for plant as directed by checking out parts from parts mezzanine, using parts ordering procedure, and re-stocking inventory.
- Trains less experienced employees as required.
- Performs preventive maintenance, inspections, adjustments and repairs as indicated on the formal CPMS program. Completes work orders and assigned work as directed by supervisor or lead.
- Completes all reports and paperwork as required for company record keeping.
- Troubleshoots and repairs food processing and industrial machinery.
- Cleans and paints all repaired equipment as directed.
- Maintains inventory of industrial maintenance tools per department tool list (necessary personal tools of the trade)
- Completes tasks indicated on work orders, inspections and A.I.B. checklists as directed by supervisor.
- Keeps work area clean. Perform cleaning of area assigned.
- Assists in the training of new personnel.
- Provides suggestions to improve process, procedures and department in support of company goals
- Follows Company, GMP and Safety policies to ensure compliance with the HACCP program and AIB gold standard.
- Follows all food safety principles and legal requirements
- Maintains a positive and constructive work environment within the department as well as with other departments and promotes teamwork.
- Works in a safe manner, observing all safety requirements.
- Participates in monthly departmental meetings.
- Must work various shifts and hours including holidays and weekends.
- Other duties, as assigned.
"Mission Foods is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity in all phases of employment in compliance with applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Mission Foods depends solely on your qualifications."
“Mission Foods is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to (Lillian Gonzalez) Lillian_gonzalez@missionfoods.com call (818)781-2390 ext. 2502 to let us know the nature of your request.”