OSI Group, LLC, a food processing company, provides food products and solutions for the food industry. It supplies beef, pork, bacon and sausage, poultry and seafood, as well as vegetable, dough, fruit, and cheese based products. The company’s manufacturing facilities are located in the Americas, Europe, and the Asia Pacific zones. OSI Group, LLC was founded in 1909 as Otto Kolschwsky Meat Market and changed its name to Otto & Sons in 1928. Further, the company changed its name to OSI Industries, LLC (OSI Group, LLC) in 1975. OSI Group, LLC is based in Aurora, Illinois with additional offices in the United Kingdom, Germany, and China.
Responsible for troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of production machines and plant facilities and for the proper preventative maintenance of the plant and production equipment assigned.
Major Position Responsibilities
(i.e., Policies, procedures, etc. for which you are responsible.)
- Diagnose and repair malfunctioning production and plant equipment
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on production equipment
- Lubricate the production equipment on a daily basis
- Replace broken belts, bearings, motors, electrical systems on the production equipment as necessary
- Monitor and correct the oil levels and oil condition on the production equipment on a weekly basis
- Calibrate production equipment to ensure that all parts are running in synch
- Build machine modifications or system improvements as requested by management
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical systems and controls for production equipment and throughout plant
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Keep area clean
- working knowledge of mechanical inspection and repairs
- demonstrated mechanical and electrical equipment maintenance abilities
- experience in 3 phase electric and AC/DC control circuitry skills are essential
- ability to read diagrams a plus
- repair high speed packaging machinery, PLC's, welding and machine shop skills are a plus
- experience in the repair of Tiromat Packaging Machinery a plus
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Must have own hand tools.
- 1 year on the job training by other maintenance mechanics
- 3-5 years experience in the troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of plant production machinery
- HS diploma or GED required.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The OSI Group is a premier food processing partner to leading brands across the globe with over 60 operations in 17 countries. Our worldwide operations create and manufacture custom meat, poultry, pizza, and other products for our customers. At OSI you can expect a challenging work environment and opportunity for advancement.