The primary purpose of this position is to ensure the overall building and company owned vehicle maintenance meets or exceeds company standards. In addition, this position works with appropriate departments to maintain the inventory in warehouse and handles all shipping and receiving aspects of the business.
· Perform general maintenance to the building on an ongoing and as needed basis. Examples include, but are not limited to minor and routine installation and repairs involving plumbing and electrical equipment, carpentry work, painting and equipment repair, etc. Notify direct manager regarding larger or more involved projects and coordinate with subcontractors as needed.
· Knowledgeable of all property, safety/disaster plans and procedures. Respond promptly to building emergencies and engage appropriate outside resources as required. Serve as point of contact for Fire Marshall and/or any other building required inspections.
· Coordinate and assist in the cleaning of snow and ice from sidewalk. Apply salt to walkways and parking lot as needed. Serve as point of contact for the landscaping company and keep areas cleaned and maintained throughout the property.
· Conduct bi-monthly generator testing and monthly fire extinguisher inspections along with any other required testing related to the building.
· Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the MNJ occupied section of the warehouse.
· Ensure equipment is cleaned and properly stored at the end of the day. Inform direct manager of supply needs as necessary.
· Schedule and provide delivery service to customers as needed.
· Handle all aspects of company related shipping and receiving duties using company-established procedures.
· For reporting, accounting and recordkeeping purposes, accurately document any damages or discrepancies related to shipping. Work with appropriate parties to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages and nonconformance to specifications.
· Examine contents of shipments and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
· Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials.
· Deliver items received to internal departments as appropriate.
· Schedule proper vehicle maintenance for MNJ company vehicles (oil changes, tires, etc.).
· Work with appropriate departments to maintain company inventory in warehouse on an as needed basis.
· Work with tenants to schedule subcontractors for appropriate building maintenance.
· Take out garbage at end of each day or on an as needed basis.
· Other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or GED required.
· At least one year of building maintenance experience required.
· Must have a valid Class C Driver’s License, at minimum, to operate company vehicles.
· Must be able to climb stairs and lift up to 50 lbs.
· Shipping and receiving experience preferred. On the job training provided.
· Must be able to obtain a license to operate a forklift. Company training provided.
· Must be computer literate and internet savvy.
· Must be detail-oriented and possess great organization skills.
· Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
· Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with vendors, customers, employees, and the general public.
MNJ is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer