RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a Fortune 200 client that is seeking a Mid/Senior Java Developer to live and work in San Antonio, Texas (TX). This client has been voted one of the Most Admired Companies in 2015 by Fortune magazine for their exceptional office culture, commitment to diversity and veteran services, and empowering their employees to take control of their career. This is a contract opportunity with the intention of transitioning to permanent employment directly with the client within 6 months.
This Java Developer will assist with designing applications and will provide analytical support in the conceptualization, development, and implementation of interrelated systems and programs. This candidate will assist the Senior or Lead with developing system designs (example: program designs, database designs, and window designs). Additionally, the candidate will participate in application development design reviews, execute systems tests, and solve application problems.
- Prepares/moves application programs from development to production in controlled manner
- Update documentation and other materials supporting application programs
- Determines scope and recommends priorities for system changes
- On-going evaluation of system functions and identifies areas for improvement
- Experience in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), J2EE
- Experience in Web Services (REST, SOAP); preference with Microservices
- Experience in any of the following: Servlet, JSP, EJB, JMS, JMX, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, ORM, J2C/JCA, and JDBC
- Experience with code management tools such as RTC or Git
- Experience with markup languages such as XML, JSON, HTML or DHTML
- Experience with enterprise application servers such as WebSphere or JBoss
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience designing software solutions
- Experience managing work across teams (i.e. coordinating with internal IT teams, dealing with business)
- Health and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) and employee stock purchase plan
- Long-term and short-term disability
- Worker's compensation
- Weekly direct deposit
- Personal travel and employee retail discounts
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.