Department: Clinical Services
Reports To: Director of Patient Care Services
This position is responsible for management of resources needed to service an identified population of LMVNA patients and to reduce risks to the organization. This includes supervision of assigned clinical nursing staff, Certified Home Health Aides and other clinical staff assigned. This position interacts with patients, caregivers, and their families, physicians, community organizations, and works collectively and collaboratively with LMVNA administrative personnel, Quality Improvement, Education, and Compliance Department to ensure safe, quality care for the patients. The Supervisor ensures high quality patient care in compliance with Title 22, Medicare, The Joint Commission, state licensure regulations, and the organization’s policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
· Promotes and facilitates understanding of the fiscal impact of all clinical practices and documentation. Maintains knowledge of third party reimbursement requirements and regulations.
· Must maintain a positive and professional image and utilize critical thinking skills, demonstrates self directed learning to meet licensing requirements and maintain clinical, OASIS, and management expertise.
· Reviews clinical productivity and quality to maximize effective, efficient care.
· Determines daily staffing needs and ensures adequate staffing is available.
· Oversees patient assignments to ensure quality case management including continuity of care, utilization, productivity, and supplies.
· Required to provide direct patient care when needed.
· Participates in case conferences. Supervises and coordinates the activities of the patient care team to ensure collaboration and coordination of care for the patients.
· Assures that all appropriate notices are provided to the patient or legal representative in a timely manner in compliance with regulations. Including but not limited to: NOMNC and HHABN.
· Participates in orientation of new staff and assignment of clinical preceptors.
· Serves as clinical resource for team members including, but not limited to, responding to clinical questions, obtaining needed orders and/or facilitating interdisciplinary communication to ensure collaborative problem solving.
· Supervises and coordinates clinical services. Performs field supervision to ensure physician orders are followed by staff and visit documentation is done appropriately.
· Supervises CHHAs, ensures annual field evaluations are done and productivity is maintained in accordance with agency policy.
· Works in conjunction with Education Department to assure competency in daily clinical practice and documentation.
· Counsels and documents a plan of action which holds staff accountable for the agency’s requirements.
· Demonstrates leadership skills that are aligned with the strategic plan in coordination with LMVNA leadership.
· Demonstrates sound effective judgment and strong ability to problem solve. Takes ownership to follow through to resolution.
· Ability to prioritize multiple complex clinical situations in an organized manner to achieve timely resolution.
· Effectively uses interpersonal communication skills for building and developing positive relationships with physicians, patient/caregivers, community agencies, and other external customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
· Expresses ideas well in oral as well as written communication.
· Demonstrates ability to handle sensitive issues and conflict among others and recognizes when to consult with the Director of Patient Care Services.
· Actively participates in agency committees and project teams as assigned.
· Maintains a positive, professional and respectful attitude.
· Performs related duties as assigned.
Education / Professional Requirements:
· Registered Nurse with current California RN License and CPR Card
· Demonstrates a depth of clinical knowledge and home care
· Has at least 2 years of home health experience
· Supervisory experience preferred
· Demonstrates collaborative attitude and skill in problem solving
· Has proficient computer skills
Livingston Memorial VNA
1996 Eastman Ave Ste 101
Ventura, CA 93003
Contact: HR Coordinator
Phone: (805) 642-0239 ext 734
Fax: (805) 650-1536