Elite Technical is currently seeking a Senior Oracle Database Engineer with hands on experience in performing builds for applications in a virtual environment for our client supporting an Enterprise level contract in Arlington VA.
The person in this role will be expected to do the following -
• Maintain Oracle E-Business R12 Application Builds/ Releases & Repair Operations
• Performs document reviews to ensure effective and non-abusive environment changes and demonstrates ability to escalate needs when necessary.
• Utilize Oracle OEM and creation of custom notifications to monitor and manage Oracle and Unix targets.
• Monitor Alert Logs, Backups, Oracle Objects and File Server Space
• Monitor/Configure/Bounce Oracle WebLogic mid-tier servers/services
• Provide system resource plan, sizing, growth analysis and capacity planning for Oracle database deployments
• Develops back-up and recovery procedures and data archive/purge procedures. Creates supporting technical documentation
• Remains abreast of and analyzes new and emerging technologies and tools for applicability to field
• Prepares reports and/or recommendations of new and/or changing processes/products
• Apply quarterly CPU patches to Oracle products
To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
• Possess an active DoD Secret, or higher, security clearance
• Be able to pass DHS EOD suitability clearance
• 15+ years of IT experience or MS degree or higher in Computer Science or related field PLUS experience
• Demonstrates extensive knowledge of and the responsibility for the organization and maintenance of the associated related Oracle databases and related environment(s).
• Shows willingness to work with numerous support teams including testing, development, architecture, network, and program management to ensure that all related database necessities are warranted and provided
• Hands on experience with Oracle 11gR2and 12c Databases and RAC features in Oracle
• Experience providing support for Oracle upgrades (e.g. 11gR2 to 12c), legacy environment data migrations, and cross-platform database migrations.
• Hands on experience in performing builds for applications in a virtual environment.
• Hardening of Oracle databases for Federal Government IT security compliance (FISMA, FIPS, NIST, etc.), and management of Oracle user security including profiles, policies, password management, auditing, etc.
Are you interested in learning more about this Arlington VA based job opportunity? Are you a Secret Cleared Oracle Database Engineer? For immediate consideration and to learn more call Elite Technical.